Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Under seat lock box with heated seats - Need help

Old 09-06-2013, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Under seat lock box with heated seats - Need help

I am considering a Tuffy or Bestop lock box for my CCW when driving through places that don't allow me to carry (DC/MD) My question is with the heated seats on, how hot does the box get?

A few reasons
- Polymer pistols - Can deform with heat, but mostly with pressure as well (I know from experience) - shouldn't be an issue
- Kydex Holsters - Will deform with heat
- Ammo - Will have issue with high heat. I don't expect this type of temp range from the heated seats.

Anyone have this combo that can help me out with some generic temp ranges?
Old 09-06-2013, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

The heating element is on top of the seat foam. The under seat box will not be warmed. You will have higher temps below the seat on a hot summer day with the windows closed. I dobut the seat warmer goes above 120*. Even if your sitting on a gun with the seat warmer on, nothing should happen.
Old 09-06-2013, 07:38 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Rubi_Chill
The heating element is on top of the seat foam. The under seat box will not be warmed. You will have higher temps below the seat on a hot summer day with the windows closed. I dobut the seat warmer goes above 120*. Even if your sitting on a gun with the seat warmer on, nothing should happen.
Agreed, you should see no real change in temp. below the seats. Even if the under side got as hot as the top I doubt you would have any issues.
Old 09-06-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Super Freak

Yep, it'll be fine. You will have to remove the bracket that holds the wiring up and then zip tie it out of the way, but the directions explain how to do this.
Old 09-06-2013, 11:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Awesome, thanks for the help guys.

Quick Reply: Under seat lock box with heated seats - Need help