Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Upgrading Jeep Warranty

Old 09-08-2007, 04:47 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Upgrading Jeep Warranty

How do you guys have Warranties on your JKs? Do you have the standard 3/36mon or Jeep Extended Warranty, or Does anyone have an aftermarket Extended Warranty? What did you guys pay for Warranty coverage from the Dealer or Aftermarket and for How Many Milles/Years???

Thanks

Just trying to save some money and not get taken
Old 09-08-2007, 05:05 AM
JK Junkie

I purchased an extended warranty from my dealer, one that has the same coverage level as the standard warranty but takes it out to 6yrs/72,000 mi.

I think the financing people have to meet quotes for extended warranty sales, because my dealer sold me that extended warranty at employee cost which ended up being around $900 dollars. On top of that, getting the extended warranty lowered my interest rate a 1/4 of a percent.

The way I snagged that little deal was that I turned it down at first. The original price was something like $1,700 dollars. The dealer was all like "it has gap insurance, and ..." at that point I stopped listening because my auto insurance already includes gap... so I just turned him down on the warranty. He asked why I turned it down, so I told him the truth.

That is when he gave me the above deal on the warranty, and explained that he was selling this to me at his cost.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

I had the extended warranty for something like $1500, payable monthly at 0% interest. I later decided I'd rather keep the money since my planned modifications could void that warranty, so I canceled it. I did purchase the Permaplate windshield coverage and have already used it (Colorado is where windshields come to be broken) and the road hazard tire & wheel plan (maybe a waste in hindsight, but oh well).
Old 09-08-2007, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Anyone buy from http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/ ? If you put in your email they send you coupon for $189 off, making the warranty I am looking at around $800 instead of the silly $1700 the dealer wants, which I would never pay. At $800 it's a bit more tempting. However, I know nothing about this website, which purports to be a Jeep dealer in another state selling official Chrysler warranties.

Normally I *never* buy extended warranties but since I don't plan on doing any mods that void the warranty and it covers rentals I was somewhat considering it.
Old 09-08-2007, 05:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Free-o

I have been having trouble getting my jk fixed, i have the "steering clunk" had the door clunk until i fixed it, radio static ALL THE F-ing Time...... after first dealer drop off i was told all was fixed..yeah ok 5minutes into my drive home and everything acting up...i brought it back and they said that they cant find anything other thna characteristic sounds and feel of vehicle.. i immediately called DC they opened a file on my vehicle and said they were talking to the dealer. Dealer calle dme in to take the service manager for a rideand show him, i get there and they tell me to take it home, i argue and the jerk off says sir i cant re-engineer the vehicle for you... ... whatever..i took the damn thing home, i get home and look through the forum fix the door myself, (im an engineer now i guess ) then chrysler calls i tell them everything and they said to ease my mind for now they would like to give me their most extensive 7/70000 mile warranty rental coverage the whole 9, so my advice if u have any problems with your vehicle call dc and voice your concern... i told him i was concerned with the safety of the steering problem so i got it in the mail 2 weeks ago score one for the good guys..im still down 2-1 but better than nothin

Quick Reply: Upgrading Jeep Warranty