Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Used Rubicon Unlimited Fair Market Value?

Old 08-21-2010, 07:25 AM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Used Rubicon Unlimited Fair Market Value?

Hi All,

I have had a few Wranglers and I thought I was set on a Sahara that I got last Feb. I modified it slightly (teraflex lift & 35's) but now think the Rubicon is a better way to go since I was considering gears, lockers. . . anyway.

There are not many used Rubicons around here (BC Canada)...and even fewer 6-speeds. I have one mentioned below but I am looking for general comments on fair market value of Rubicon Unlimited depending on age, milage, condition etc. . . I was curious how the market value varies between different areas.

For example,...Nearby I found a:

2008 4-Dr. Rubicon
In service date: June 18, 2008
68,000 km (42,250 miles)
OPTIONS:
- Auto Trans
- Dual Top (soft top is still in factory shipping position)
- Trailer Tow Package
- 6 disk w/ sat

*Mint condition
*unmodified
*New ball joints, front axle u-joints and 2 new tires; fresh alignment.
*a bunch of corny accessories but the previous owner removed the rock rails for the Mopar step bar!

It is listed for $27,995 CAD ($26,700 USD), but I can get the dealership down to $25,500 CAD ($24,300 USD), what do you think a fair price would be? It is out of basic warrenty but I can fix most non-powertrain components myself. It was a highway commuting vehicle and was not abused off road at all.

Thanks for any commentary, just looking for a second opinion

Old 08-22-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they had it 3 years and never put the soft top up or even took it out of the vehicle?

wow, I wonder how common that is.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Paid $23,000 out the door for my 07 Sahara with only 9000 miles and I thought that was a deal and that wasn't with a hard top.

That looks like a good deal to me.

Quick Reply: Used Rubicon Unlimited Fair Market Value?