Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

V8HJ - Does anybody have one?

Old 10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default V8HJ - Does anybody have one?

I have asked this on other forums, but thought I would ask here as well...

I am thinking of getting a 4 door with a HEMI in it. While searching around the web I found these guys

w ww.v8hj.com

I called and talked with one of the owners for about an hour, nice guy and seemed very knowledgeable. I am going to go check out one of their jeeps in a couple of weeks at an event they are having.

Anyway I was wondering if anyone has one of their jeeps?

Last edited by Robar; 10-16-2011 at 05:57 PM. Reason: Please do not post clickable non-sponsor links
Old 10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

do they sell conversion kits? They really keep their costs down on these set ups
Old 10-16-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Freak

I was about to say their pricing is in line with others I've seen until I see that their engines and trans are not crate but:

All engines are certified low mileage take outs, Matching low mileage 545RFE 5-speed Automatic Transmissions

Also all their models are 2007 - IMO a bit overpriced
Old 11-08-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

I saw one at a car show- the owner said he loved it- said their computer programming was unbelievable, that he smokes his buddy's AEV and it isn't even close...?

Anyway, appartenly they had an event discount at some event last month which brought the price down to ~$35,000 for his Sahara with lift, 35 in tires, and low mileage takeout engine/tranny. I thought the installation was super clean, nice looking and sounding exhaust, and if it runs as good as this guy said it does, feels like a value if you can get one for that kind of cut from their prices on the web. Maybe find out when they're giving out those discounts?

The guy didn't know if they do conversions too?? Maybe I'll beg the wife to give them a call in advance of Christmas!

Quick Reply: V8HJ - Does anybody have one?