Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Vendors w/ APO Shipping Options

Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You know what we aught to do is find someone about to PCS here, have the stuff shipped to them stateside and then have it brought over with their household goods.
Old 11-08-2014, 06:25 PM
JK Newbie

Default APO Shipping

TIRES - I'm currently stationed in Korea and ran into many of the same issues. You can order tires through AAFES. Just ordered some 35s and the shipped them right to the PX. The tires were slightly more expensive than you could purchase in the states but ended up way cheaper than trying to ship from the states.

LIFT & RIMS - I ordered a RK 2.5 Stock Mod and 5 Method wheels and had them shipped for under $300 through USPS. Wheels are shipping individually and the lift might have been broken down into two different boxes.

What I've learned about this process is find an OFF ROAD company that truly supports the Military and possibly has a Veteran or retiree in their sales department. They tend to go the extra mile to help out a fellow Vet.

Also, APO shipping is suppose to be a domestic rate to the zip code of where it leaves the states. The the Department of Defense picks up the tab to get it to an APO. What usually happens…we get charged for "International" shipping. It's a very frustrating process but don't accept the high rates. Give someone a call or keep looking around for a company that is willing to help.

Next challenge is getting some fenders shipped over!

Old 11-08-2014, 09:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Stationed in Germany as well. I have had good luck with most of the vendors and the shipping has not been to bad.
I shop through a bunch of different sites.

Quadratec (military discount as well)
Offroad Elements Eric is a really cool dude. (military discount)
morris4x4.com (military discount)
And I am pretty sure many more, I havent had any problems getting anything i needed.
Where abouts are you in Germany? Im stationed at Spangdahlem, AB.
Old 11-08-2014, 09:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Also the bumpers front and back were shipped here but had to go On a boat, so they took months. And the price was crazy steep $700 But yea best of luck with everything. Theres a club out of ramstein thats Legit 4lowoffroad. you should check them out.
Old 11-09-2014, 12:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default APO Shipping

My recent experience with Rebel Off Road, Northridge 4x4, and Morris have been lack luster.

Rebel Offroad - Took over a month to get a quote to an APO. Prices were great with Military discount but shipping was $900-$1300 alone. Quote was for 5 wheels and tires(35s) and lift. Im sure in the states it would have been a totally different experience.

Northridge 4x4 - Basically told me in an email that they wouldn't even give me a quote because shipping would be too much. On the flip side I also had great experiences with them while in the states. Lots of big heavy stuff(Warn ZEON8) shipped for free.

Morris 4x4 - I've had great experiences with them while I was stationed at Fort Rucker. Military discount and very fast free shipping. Recently tried to order front and rear 3in RK bump stops and was given a 10% discount but then a shipping quote of $43. Then tried to order to send to a relative to throw in a flat rate box with some other stuff and was told I could use the 10% Military discount OR their free shipping promo. I went ahead and ordered with the free shipping but sent a lengthy email to their customer service. Still no word back…

I'm just really frustrated of getting screwed because we have to get mail at an APO.

I ended up ordering my stuff from Mike at BASoffroad.com Great guy and a Veteran!

Last edited by bmaloy32; 12-02-2014 at 07:38 AM.

Quick Reply: Vendors w/ APO Shipping Options