Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

violated

Old 05-16-2012, 01:36 PM
JK Newbie

Location: Minot, North Dakota--not by choice--I belong in Dixie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Funny story, I rented a house with two roommates when I lived in Tampa. One of the guys and I drove newer but well used 4x4 pickups and the other dude drove a fancy Mercedes. One night someone by-passed the Benz's alarm and broke its window. What did they steal? The guys CD book. That was the only thing in the car. The funny part is that me and my other roommate left our trucks unlocked everynight. The next day I really took a look at what I had in my truck. There was over a grand in hand and specialty tools behind my seat plus a high end CB in plain sight mounted to the dash. I also had my spare and a few larger odd ball tools in the bed. My buddy was the same way with a bunch of stuff stuffed back behind his seat and the bed full from a dry wall job he had just did. The crooks never thought that a bunch of good ol' boys would have anything of value in our trucks.
Old 05-16-2012, 02:43 PM
JK Newbie

I had my first Jeep broken into, a '91 Cherokee, by some thoughtful thieves. The Jeep was locked so instead of breaking a window, they carefully removed the rear tailgate window and layed it on the ground. They stole 2 books of cd's, only the faceplate off the radio , and my flashlight, which they used in the robbery, or so my neighbor who saw it happening says.
Old 05-16-2012, 03:49 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Extremeskier99
I had my first Jeep broken into, a '91 Cherokee, by some thoughtful thieves. The Jeep was locked so instead of breaking a window, they carefully removed the rear tailgate window and layed it on the ground. They stole 2 books of cd's, only the faceplate off the radio , and my flashlight, which they used in the robbery, or so my neighbor who saw it happening says.
What a good neighbor...
Old 05-16-2012, 04:05 PM
JK Super Freak

That sux man.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:08 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I had a neighbor actually witness my cat being stolen off my front porch from a guy.

Gee, thanks for stopping him neighbor!! I'm glad I moved.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:26 PM
JK Freak

That sux, sorry to hear. This is something you don't know when or if its ever going to happen. There are little things I'd like to keep inside my jeep like a knife, flash light, ect.... I leave absolutly nothing inside. The only good thing is they didn't cause lots of damage.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just don't lock mine so they don't cut the top. Had it broken into a couple weeks ago. Crow bar to pop the center console, but they couldn't get into the glove box with it. Took everything, about $700 worth.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2904210558.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	317752  
Old 05-16-2012, 04:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Bastards!! I say we form a lynch mob and go huntin. I am sorry for this happening to all of y'all. Some people suck.....
Old 05-16-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've owned my 98 XJ for about 10 years. In that time, I've lost count of how many times it's been broken into and vandalized. I think I've had the stereo stolen about 3 or 4 times along with what ever else was in the car. The Jeep itself has been stolen twice. Only thing worse than getting you rig stolen is having the cops call to tell you they found it. You never know how much abuse a crack head has put your ride through. All in all, it still runs like a tank. Love my Jeeps.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 PM
JK Freak

I new a guy who had a CJ back in the day. He had it done up nicely. Went out one night with the hard top removed. Someone went in his jeep, and dis not take anything. What they did, was go under the dash, and cut and remove every single wire that could be cut.
Cost him a couple of grand to get it fixed.