Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Von Number

Old 01-19-2007, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Von Number

Spoke to the dealer today. Gave me a von number .What info can I get with that number? Was in BG status, does having a von number change that status?

.................................................. ..Thanks

2dr rubi--black--soft top--6speed--power pkg
Old 01-19-2007, 01:33 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that VON stands for Vehicle Order Number. If your in BG, then there really isn't any other update to be had. It just tells you that the dealer has placed the order.

You can find all the codes here - https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/check-status-your-jeep-jk-wrangler-order-status-codes-161/
Old 01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

Question When do you get the VON or VIN?

I am really looking for an answer on receiving the Von # .......My dealer told me I would not receive my Von until I reached D status.......Is that true? I am currently in BX and I just read the post from Clubber saying he has a Von but is in BG satus.....Please help.....
Old 01-19-2007, 07:13 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I believe that you get the VON when you are in BG status. BG means that the order has been placed, and the VON is the order number. You get a VIN when you move to D status.

If you read through the last of the notes in the link above, you'll get an idea of how long people have been waiting. Factors have been model, hard top, elect. disco (Rubicon only) etc.

If your dealer told you that it he does not get the VON until it moves to D, then you might want to re-consider your choice of dealers. This is really just a yellow flag though. After reading through the link that's posted above, you can completely understand why a dealer would say that. Us JK folk, can get a little anxious.

I believe that you may be able to get the VON from DC customer service. Just search around, and you'll find the number. It's a pain, and they are not much help. The can only tell you the status code, which you seem to be getting accurately from your dealer.

Just remember that, until your in D1, the dealer will not really have any scheduling information. Until D1 is hands are tied.

Be patient grasshopper... Others tell us that it's worth the wait.

BTW, I've gone from BG to BX then back to BG, and have been in D since Jan 9.
Old 01-20-2007, 02:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

You should get a VON number the second you order, mine was on the sheet the dealer printed out when he put the order in the computer. When it hit "D" status I got the VIN number.
Old 01-20-2007, 03:02 AM
JK Freak

According to that thread ( if you have a vin or a von your in D status ) unless i'm reading it wrong. When I last spoke to my dealer ( the salesman ) he said I don't have a vin # BUT I have a von #. I forgot to ask him if my status changed. My salesman never has any answers, he puts me on hold then gets the info. from someone else.
Old 01-20-2007, 05:30 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dougr5150
You should get a VON number the second you order, mine was on the sheet the dealer printed out when he put the order in the computer. When it hit "D" status I got the VIN number.

What he said. You get the VON number as soon as the order is entered in the DCX system.

If you are placing an order at the dealership and you don't have the VON number when you leave, the dealer didn't actually order your Jeep yet.
Old 01-20-2007, 07:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lightbulb Thanks for your help

Originally Posted by jdrogers

What he said. You get the VON number as soon as the order is entered in the DCX system.

If you are placing an order at the dealership and you don't have the VON number when you leave, the dealer didn't actually order your Jeep yet.
Thank you everyone for your help on the Vin Von issue.

I am pretty upset to hear they should have been able to hand me the VON upon order. I got a hand written sheet of paper with the options listed of my vehicle order. Nice huh?

I am going to personaly go up there on Monday and have them give me a print out and proof that it is in the system. If they have been yanking my chain since Jan. 3rd I am going to hurt somebody up there!

I am hoping the reason I don't have a hard copy is because I placed the order along with deposit on Nov. 15th but my order included the My Gig which had late availibility....therefore the system (I was told by dealer) didn't accept the order until Jan. 3. That made sense to me and I was fine with that....But from the advice given here, they should have been able to give the VON to me then. Right....right....I will pay them a visit!

Thanks everyone for shedding some light on all of this.
Old 01-20-2007, 10:20 AM
JK Enthusiast

It could be that your salesperson isn't allowed to actually enter the order and they had to have someone else physically enter it into the system.

I purchased mine from the fleet director at my dealership. He turned the screen around the had me watch / help as we physically entered the order (i.e. color, options, etc.). A soon as you hit submit, it responds with something like "order accepted" and you then have a VON number.

You can then print the order out showing everything including the pricing. This printout starts with the words "This is not an invoice. The prices shown are for information purposes only...".

The dealer can then go back on the system anytime they want and see and/or reprint this data. The information at the top also includes the VIN number and the order status code. There is also the print date, the estimated ship date, and the ORDERED date, and the last modified date. Ask the dealer to show you this information.

Quick Reply: Von Number