Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

waranty and lift

Old 11-12-2008, 05:00 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default waranty and lift

ok guys , i am wanting to lift my jk , i know spring lift is better, but i was thinking that the 2.5 bb and a 1 inch body lift might be my best option when it comes to my lifetime drivetrain warranty. i figure i can take the lift out and put my stock tires on before i take it in to be repaired if needed . the body lift can stay since they offer that at the dealership. i'm also was debating between 33 or 35 tires , there is a big difference in looks , wich leaves me to the next question , if i go with 35 will one of the programmers like hypertech help with shifting if i stay stock gears . i have 2007 auto with 4.11 ratio. im not a hard core off-roader but do like to hit he trails from time to time. please give me your thoughts and real experiences with similiar situations would be great.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jwhendricks
ok guys , i am wanting to lift my jk , i know spring lift is better, but i was thinking that the 2.5 bb and a 1 inch body lift might be my best option when it comes to my lifetime drivetrain warranty. i figure i can take the lift out and put my stock tires on before i take it in to be repaired if needed . the body lift can stay since they offer that at the dealership. i'm also was debating between 33 or 35 tires , there is a big difference in looks , wich leaves me to the next question , if i go with 35 will one of the programmers like hypertech help with shifting if i stay stock gears . i have 2007 auto with 4.11 ratio. im not a hard core off-roader but do like to hit he trails from time to time. please give me your thoughts and real experiences with similiar situations would be great.
My dealer said i can go with up to a 4 inch suspension lift with no warranty issues. There are many on his lot that have the 4 inch lift. With 4.11's, you'll have minimal problems with 35's, but you will need both the 2.5 suspension lift and the 1 inch body lift for clearance.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:58 PM
JK Super Freak

I have a Teraflex 2.5" coil lift with no body lift and clear 35's fine. You are going to have to either change your stock wheels or add spacers to run 35's though.

Quick Reply: waranty and lift