Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WARN 9.5cti or WARN 9.5ti ??

Old 04-04-2011, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question WARN 9.5cti or WARN 9.5ti ??

Whats the difference between the WARN 9.5cti or WARN 9.5ti? I was just looking on Quadratec and they are the same price, I prefer the black paint on the WARN 9.5cti.
They look pretty much the same size but does anyone know if the contactor one will fit in the AEV bumper?

Which one would you go for?

Dom
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not positive, but I have a Warn 9.5ti, and I think the cti has a module in the remote that shows temps of the selenoid. As far as I can tell they are the same size and the mounting would be the standard Warn mounting.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Newbie

Even though there is not much on the web about Warn's new 9.5cti, I ordered one as I'm hoping it's an updated 9.5ti. Plus, I like the black color. For my application, the winch will be seen more than used. Hopefully the "c" in cti means the power relay is more robust and can handle more power, thus being called a contactor instead of a relay. A contactor is basically a large relay although there is some overlap in this definition. Some contactors have other advantages such as repairability and longer life expectancy due to designs that limit the amount of arching across the contacts. Maybe Warn just needed a new catch to their marketing scheme and is calling their relay a contactor on their new black 9.5ti. Anyway, it sucked me in.
Old 04-05-2011, 07:42 AM
JK Freak

I thought it stood for competition and it just has a faster pull speed. But I could just be making that up.
Old 04-05-2011, 10:45 AM
JK Jedi

What I found on the Warn 9.5CTI - looks like it was released in Nov 2010. and just a blurb on the new winch. IMHO, I would go with the CTI if they are the same price. I would think the 9.5cti would fit the AEV front bumper.

Las Vegas, NV (11/02/10) - Oregon-based Warn Industries has released its newest electric winch for trucks and SUVs. Part of the WARN Ultimate Performance Series, this new winch showcases new technology, an attractive and functional design, and the outstanding performance Warn Industries is legendary for. Introducing the WARN 9.5cti electric winch.

The WARN 9.5cti is an ideal mix of tough and tech. It has a 9,500 lb. (4310 kg) single-line pulling capacity with fast line speeds and all-new contactor for optimum winch control and performance. This ultra-durable, ultra-reliable contactor-complete with cadmium-plated copper contacts-extends heat resistance and provides an outstanding duty cycle. It also has new levels of weather sealing and longevity, adding to the winch's "Ultimate Performance" qualities. The 9.5cti also features a motor-mounted thermometric sensor that provides motor temperature feedback via an indicator lamp located on the winch remote. Speaking of remote, the 9.5cti has a redesigned pistol-grip remote with increased ergonomics, durability, and sealing.

Other key features of the 9.5cti include extreme-duty sealing to keep the elements out; a stout, cast aluminum-alloy housing; and a massive integrated control box to protect the electronics from damage. The winch is finished in a durable, chip-resistant high-gloss black powder-coated finish, and includes 125' (38m) of 5/16" (8mm) diameter wire rope, hook, and roller fairlead.

Ideal for a variety of trucks and SUVs, the WARN 9.5cti will provide reliable off-road support for users looking for an Ultimate Performance winch with a 9,500 lb. capacity for their truck or SUV.
Old 04-05-2011, 01:30 PM
JK Freak

Cheers guys.

Looks like it is just the latest version of the 9.5ti winch then. Its good that they changed it to black to match my JK
Old 04-05-2011, 01:36 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What does this Warn winch cost???? Thx

Quick Reply: WARN 9.5cti or WARN 9.5ti ??