Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Warranty and Lift

Old 07-05-2007, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Warranty and Lift

What is the max lift I can go without voiding the warranty?
Old 07-05-2007, 10:01 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by USA450R
None......

You can not void your warranty with a lift.

You could loose cetain parts of the coverage if they can prove it created or added to the failure.

The springs and shocks would not be covered because they are not stock.

It would have nothing to do with the AC or electrical or power steering or.... you get the picture.
Old 07-05-2007, 10:13 AM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

be careful though... i went with a 2.5 TF BB... no drilling or trackbar relocation and it can be uninstalled relatively easily just in case. It amazing that when you modify your jeep, dealers will try their best to blame your mods and not cover it with the warranty.

"sir you jeep isnt starting b/c you added an aftermarket pine tree air freshener. Unfortunately, when you selected the re-circulate air feature, the odor got into vital components and clogged stuff up. Dont worry, we can fix it for 10,000.00 bucks. Cash, Check, or Credit?"
Old 07-05-2007, 11:15 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by USA450R
Find you a dealer you like and ask them the same question. If they are a 'lift friendly' dealer, they should tell you that they have to hold true to the interest of DC but if it is their honest opinion that your mod did not cause the problem, they'll cover it.

I went through the same thing... my dealer (lift friendly) said they have seen no problems with lifts up to 3". So I went on and got one and even had them do the install... that way they have a little hide in the game. Bottom line is that if it truely causes the problem, you've bought it.

Just find a dealer... ask them similar questions, find out who is lift friendly in your neck of the woods.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Great- Thanks Guys

Quick Reply: Warranty and Lift