Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

warranty transfer

Old 03-09-2012, 06:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default warranty transfer

hey guys, bought my 2010 JKU with 17k miles Feb 10. They (Mazda dealership) showed me on the website that I didn't need to do anything for the warranty to transfer. A guy at work who owns a jeep said I had 30 days to transfer the warranty which would be tomorrow. I'm going to go in to the jeep stealership(been lied to by them already) tomorrow but wanted to know if anyone knew if I really do need to transfer the warranty and pay a $150 fee? With the recent event happening at work(Coast Guard) this literally skipped my mind to double check and hope that it's not too late.
They showed me this site: http://www.jeep.com/en/warranty/faq.html
How does a customer transfer the powertrain warranty?
There is no transfer required.
Why has Chrysler decided to make this change?
Our customers are telling us they prefer a transferable 5-year / 100,000-mile no hassle powertrain limited warranty. Our warranty programs exemplify our investment in powertrain and our commitment to improved quality on all our vehicles. Chrysler stands behind our products.
This site: http://www.jeep.com/en/service_contr...lan_sales_faqs
shows that I have 30 days and need to pay a fee.
A: In most, but not all, cases remaining coverage may be transferred to a second owner of the vehicle at the time of vehicle sale. A $50 option transfer fee will be applied (in most states). Lifetime coverage is not transferable unless required by state law. Your personalized plan provisions describe the transfer rules applicable to your contract and the transfer fee in your state. If you have financed your Chrysler Service Contract, the contract needs to be paid in full before you can transfer it.
A factory warranty transfer fee may also apply. To transfer the Powertrain Limited Warranty, you must have an authorized Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® dealer process a Transfer of Coverage Application for you. The cost for this service is $150 payable to the dealer. You must apply for this transfer within 30 days from the date you buy the vehicle from the previous owner.
We recommend that you take your personalized plan provisions and the completed transfer form to your Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® dealer and they will assist you with the transfer.
If this is not possible, please complete and sign the transfer portion of your plan provisions. Transfer requests need to be signed by the person to whom the plan provisions were originally issued, and they need to be received by Chrysler Service Contracts within 60 days of the ownership change.
Please mail the completed transfer form with the transfer fee to:
Chrysler Service Contracts
Transfer Department
P.O. Box 2700
Troy, MI 48007-2700
Old 03-09-2012, 07:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

An extended service contract must be transferred within a specific time period - usually 30 days, and will have a fee. Your factory warranty is attached to the VIN on the vehicle and there is no transfer needed.

Last edited by Jagged155; 03-09-2012 at 07:10 PM.
Old 03-09-2012, 07:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

okay. I only have the 5yr/100k mile warranty so I guess I'm all set and don't need to transfer. Big relief seeing tomorrow would have been 30 days.

Quick Reply: warranty transfer