Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wasn't expecting that!

Old 06-21-2012, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasn't expecting that!

Its been a beautiful sunny day for 10 days straight...I go to the gym today and BOOM rainstorm...top down and doors off and the best part was when the two girls at the front desk say "Travis? Did you Drive your jeep today? And is the top down?" I of course said thats the only way to go! I told them I would be just fine. Little did I know what was going to happen!

I get in to jam and head home and my stereo and speakers wouldnt work!!! Just heard a crackling noise...and my volume dial didnt work...WTF???? This happen to anyone else? What should I do? Havent even had the thing a year yet...
Old 06-21-2012, 02:58 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Let it all dry out and see if it comes back to life.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:59 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah open it up on a sunny day like take the stereo out and put it to dry!
Old 06-21-2012, 03:04 PM
DV3
JK Enthusiast

This just happened to me a week ago. I just got off of nightshift at 6:00am and go straight to bed.
The wife decides to take the jeep(with no top or doors) to the gym while I'm sleeping. Needless to say, it downpoored.
I wake up and she tells me what happened. She did say she wiped it down real good After a verbal tirade, that is still lingering over lake michigan, I go look at the Jeep. Once I get past the inch of standing water in the floor pans, I calm down.
In all honesty it wasn't that big of a deal once I pulled all the seats, ripped the carpeting out, and removed the drain plugs
Considering I haven't made a payment yet on the jeep, I was OK It was my wife's birthday after all, so I couldn't stay mad-heh, it's a jeep
Old 06-21-2012, 03:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Been there! Line-X and neoprene are your friends.
Old 06-21-2012, 04:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well...consider the carpets OUT now....now to go price and see how much to line-x
Old 06-22-2012, 03:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

On the way to work this morning and the radio was working, except it seems to continue to try and eject a disc even though there isn't one in there. All my controls on my steering wheel don't work at all. Gonna hope it dries out a little more today by lunch...if not i'm driving it over to the stealership to see how they can screw me and call me an idiot. It is still under warranty, but I'm not sure this would be covered under warranty.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:39 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine has been wet several times but I can't ever remember anything not working. I have had moisture in the screen though. My dealership has been pretty good about things getting wet. They just replaced the sensor in the steering wheel behind the clock spring because its been wet several times.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:51 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang!! Good luck at the Stealership... let us know if they take care of it or not.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:55 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tsmith1362
On the way to work this morning and the radio was working, except it seems to continue to try and eject a disc even though there isn't one in there. All my controls on my steering wheel don't work at all. Gonna hope it dries out a little more today by lunch...if not i'm driving it over to the stealership to see how they can screw me and call me an idiot. It is still under warranty, but I'm not sure this would be covered under warranty.
wait a couple of days before going to make sure everything is dried!

Quick Reply: Wasn't expecting that!