Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

water in my JK

Old 03-16-2010, 06:03 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Joisey
So the local area around me is underwater due to recent storms and while helping people out I was submerged to about the top of the hood, or about there as I was told by spectators. I didn't stop nor depress the clutch, got out of the water and left the jeep on for 30 min. I then drove around a bit threw some seafoam in the gas and filled it with mid grade and ran for a few more min. After I got out of the water I inspected the Airbox, there where a few damp spots but not much. Do I have anything to worry about and what do I need to to to make sure there isn't any damage?

On a side note, IT WAS SO AWESOME!!

PPS, without my teraflex leveling kit my hood would have been submerged and I would have been Fu*ked. thank's teraflex for giving me the extra 2" to help alot of locals!!!!!
Nope. If it's still runnin and not knockin or makin any funny noises, you're just fine.
Old 03-16-2010, 06:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if it's been under water change the fluids

Quick Reply: water in my JK