JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Wax (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/wax-9859/)

BLKRuby 06-10-2007 08:11 AM

Wax

What wax do you guys recommend on a black rubicon? Any special ones?

07 RBY 06-10-2007 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by BLKRuby (Post 106316)

My buddy also has a black Rubi. He said something about black wax that didn't leave white residue. Personally, I've been using Zaino on my vehicles. It's not cheap, but it sure does last a long time. I have it on my Magnum and haven't polished it (it's not a wax, per se) for well over 6 months and it beaded up when I washed it yesterday, and still looks great.

JK4ME 06-10-2007 08:55 AM

Adam's Polishes

Bodo 06-10-2007 09:05 AM

Good Luck

Go to the Meguires website, watch the videos, even call their tech support with your questions. I did it. I wasnt dissapointed. Mines not black but Red Rock which is dark. I'm glad I did. I'm not affiliated with them, just contacted them and they gave me the real deal on taking care of dark paint! Black is the hardest of all. I know. I had a Black Chevy Silverado that got spiderwebs the first time I waxed it. Call them. You'll be glad you did.

07 RBY 06-10-2007 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Bodo (Post 106338)
Go to the Meguires website, watch the videos, even call their tech support with your questions. I did it. I wasnt dissapointed. Mines not black but Red Rock which is dark. I'm glad I did. I'm not affiliated with them, just contacted them and they gave me the real deal on taking care of dark paint! Black is the hardest of all. I know. I had a Black Chevy Silverado that got spiderwebs the first time I waxed it. Call them. You'll be glad you did.

You're right about black being hard to take care of. I still haven;t figured out how to wash mine. I thought it was clean, but it still looked dirty after it dried. Oh well, it's a Jeep. No shame in being dirty.:yup:

hipfan39 06-10-2007 11:46 AM

Zaino
(the only wax i use now)
I friend recomendrd this stuff, once i tried it. I've used nothing else on my vehicles for the last 4 years now.

armycop 06-10-2007 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by BLKRuby (Post 106316)

Meguiar's Gold Class used to work great on my black Murano. Very reflective and easy to take off!

Northernmedic 06-10-2007 01:38 PM

Talk to a local detailer, Not only do they have great products but they also know alot about them. many detail shops also sell these and other automotive products at much lower prices than at box stores.

BJeepJK 06-10-2007 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by 07rube (Post 106343)

You're right about black being hard to take care of. I still haven;t figured out how to wash mine. I thought it was clean, but it still looked dirty after it dried. Oh well, it's a Jeep. No shame in being dirty.:yup:

I'm not sure about the waxing but I have a black JK and for washing it I use that Mr Clean AutoDry. That thing really works good, no hand drying and no spots. The filter and soap will last about 5-6 washes before needing replaced.

JKing 777 06-10-2007 02:57 PM

I'm too lazy to wax by myself, but Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com) carries very high-end wax and other car care products. I have Window Cleaner and Speed Shine from them. They are the best when it comes to car care (washing, waxing, detailing etc.)