JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Wax (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/wax-9859/)

NYRacBaller 06-10-2007 05:15 PM

Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer/wax. At least I think it is considered a wax. After washing just spray and wipe and water beads up for a few weeks. Shines like new after every wash. Also, this stuff doesn't leave that white residue on the plastic parts that other waxes can.

elibodman 06-10-2007 05:57 PM

Eagle One Nano Wax @ Advance Auto. No residue and I use it on the flares also. Stuff works great.:yup:

RedRockJK 06-10-2007 06:46 PM

ZAINO all the way. It's awesome stuff, lasts a long time, and has a nice deep shine. Plus you can layer it for extra protection and gloss. A huge bonus is that it does not leave any white residue on the plastic parts.

Shell 06-10-2007 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by NYRacBaller (Post 106580)
Turtle Wax Ice spray detailer/wax. At least I think it is considered a wax. After washing just spray and wipe and water beads up for a few weeks. Shines like new after every wash. Also, this stuff doesn't leave that white residue on the plastic parts that other waxes can.

I've heard about the Ice, I was gonna try the ice liquid this week...I've always used meguires other than that.

tmdlkwd 06-10-2007 10:02 PM

ditto

Zaino....no question

FRDesign 06-10-2007 10:39 PM

Wow, I didn't know so many people waxed their Jeeps!

Ours is dirty 70% of the time lol. No time to wash! When it is clean it looks bad, due to the terrible paint, and tons of scratches.

directedby 06-10-2007 11:14 PM

zaino - amazing product

Smiley 06-11-2007 04:36 AM

Finish First Rocks

Have used the Finish First line of products for over six years. Synthetic wax that works great and never evaporates on hot days and last for months. It builds layers and holds up well. You have to order it over the net through distributors. The window cleaner and Car Wash are top notch as well. My 99 Durango still look brand new.

OnionCrk 06-11-2007 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by JKing 777 (Post 106511)
I'm too lazy to wax by myself, but Griot's Garage (griotsgarage.com) carries very high-end wax and other car care products. I have Window Cleaner and Speed Shine from them. They are the best when it comes to car care (washing, waxing, detailing etc.)

Ditto - I've been using Griot's products for years and they are great. The Car Wash Liquid alone will keep the shine going for a long time, plus it works great on bugs and road grime. Speed Shine is magic - as are the various waxes... :2thumbs:

NYRacBaller 06-11-2007 06:04 AM

Originally Posted by Shell (Post 106667)
I've heard about the Ice, I was gonna try the ice liquid this week...I've always used meguires other than that.

I would suggest trying it. I would only use McGuires in the past too but now I think I will stick to this. It may not be as longlasting as a "real" paste wax but, for my needs it is great. Very quick and very very easy. Use one microfiber towel, spray on a whole panel, wipe with one side of the towel then wipe with the other side of the towel and ... you got shine!:yup: