Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Weather stripping$$$$

Old 03-01-2014, 04:28 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weather stripping$$$$

I my 2007JKU has been leaking. Today due to constant wet carpet I found mold under the back seat on the carpet and a little on my back seat covers. I use this as my DD and to haul my kids around. So going carpet less isn't an option. I don't think it's my hard top becouse I feel like the amount of water that's coming in( puddles after a full day if rain) I would notice. The only thing I see is what looks like I small stream at the bottom of both front doors. So I was looking at quadratech and they have the front door seals at 115.00 each! I am looking at the wrong thing or us it really that high. I have never done this before so I am open to any advice comments or suggestions. I have to do something is all I really know! Thanks.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had this issue also first thing I did was go to the dealership (I know) and talked to the parts guy. He printed off the Chrysler fix instructions and then spent around $30 for the fix kit from Chrysler. I also replaced the rubber gasket along the header at the same time, another $30-$50(i cant remember exactly). It's been on a few months with the hard top no leaks.

I can not remember the name of the fix from Chrysler just describe the problem that you have and they should be able to help. It has a TBI.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Weather stripping$$$$