JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   What is Chrysler LLC Thinking?? Why dont they listen to the hard core end user? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/what-chrysler-llc-thinking-why-dont-they-listen-hard-core-end-user-193840/)

pwain 09-01-2011 04:57 PM

I always thought I was shunned by the hard core jeepers because of my mini van motor; but youre telling me it's due to rusty hinges?

I think I would rather boycott for the time invested in this thread.

89MJComanche 09-01-2011 05:32 PM

I think most people caught my drift!

Originally Posted by Chango (Post 2506976)
Anway, I think the answer is that we don't get hardcore 4x4s because the hardcore end user isn't a profitable demographic here in America. We don't have an Amazon Jungle or Kalahari Desert or Simpson Desert to deal with, and there are several other makes with specialty vehicles that have a rabid following in those places already (Defender, LC70, G-wagon, ect) and already have the market cornered.

Jeep took a different direction.... in a more sporty, fun in the sun, look cool in your oakleys and REI duds as you driver around town with the top down kinda way. In other words, Jeeps are ulitmately marketed and made as a lifestyle accessory instead of a tool.

Luckily, lots of engineering and hardware left over from when Jeeps were tools has made to the present day, so jeeps aren't totally hopeless. I guess part of the fun is replacing the inferior stuff, but I wish they came from the factory like a LC70 :thumbsup:

What you just described above, Looking Cool in your Oakleys, and REI duds, is because you feel good by wearing/driving what is similar/same as the HARD CORE FOLKS! If a bunch of pussy,crossdressing,retards only drove Pink Jeeps with 20" wheels and low profile tires down to the makeup store to buy some new pantys... No one would want to drive one in their Oakleys and REI duds! The people who bought Patriot/Current Liberty/First Gen Compass will NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP, because those Jeeps were SUCH JUNK and dont live up to the brand, can't be modded, cant even be fixed for that matter (a $5000 accident totals them) so eventually when owners get pissed cause there car is JUNK, and it aint cool anymore... THE WILL BE LOST CUSTOMERS FOREVER!

Let Kia and Chevy and Huyndai build Shit Boxes.... JEEP NEEDS TO STICK TO PRODUCING A PRODUCT THAT WILL ALLOW THE HARD CORE END USER TO CONTINUE TO INSPIRE THE REST OF THE BRANDS BUSINESS!! AND THE REST OF THE BRANDS BUSINESS NEEDS TO BE UNMODIFIED STOCK VEHICLES THAT CAN ONE DAY BECOME A HARD CORE END USERS PASSION!!

TRAUMAhead 09-01-2011 07:41 PM

Originally Posted by Chango (Post 2506915)
I don't know about that. We probably would have got a jeep exploder with IFS...:naw:

Or maybe a Jeep Wrangler Raptor. :D

ChazasaurusRex 09-01-2011 08:10 PM

This country is going to hell in a hand basket. I think if you want to unite a group of people for a cause than you should look in a direction that can serve a real purpose. Although I see your point, I've been in my fair share of battles with the service department of many DIFFERENT brands of cars, I think door hinges kinda takes a back door to what this country as a whole has become. We need to take this country back, we already have the jeeps.

porters 09-02-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by Jkblu32586 (Post 2507286)
Thats true. I should have thought about the dis similiar metals thing seeing as how i work with metal everyday. There has to be a way to fix that problem.

If there is a solution, I would like to hear about it. :thumbsup:

goaterguy 09-02-2011 07:25 AM

Originally Posted by 89MJComanche (Post 2507415)

Let Kia and Chevy and Huyndai build Shit Boxes.... JEEP NEEDS TO STICK TO PRODUCING A PRODUCT THAT WILL ALLOW THE HARD CORE END USER TO CONTINUE TO INSPIRE THE REST OF THE BRANDS BUSINESS!! AND THE REST OF THE BRANDS BUSINESS NEEDS TO BE UNMODIFIED STOCK VEHICLES THAT CAN ONE DAY BECOME A HARD CORE END USERS PASSION!!

Do you know of any other production vehicle that out of the dealer can off road better than the Wrangler? Especially starting at around $22k and getting around 18 mpg combined?

Understand that Jeep has to build a vehicle that complies all the different laws of all 50 states, Canada and oter countries in Europe. Some states have lift laws, some have tire laws, and California just has ridiculous laws. I think Jeep is doing the best it can, when all other manufacturers have abandoned the offroader.

ChryslerChris 09-02-2011 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by goaterguy (Post 2508452)
Do you know of any other production vehicle that out of the dealer can off road better than the Wrangler? Especially starting at around $22k and getting around 18 mpg combined?

Understand that Jeep has to build a vehicle that complies all the different laws of all 50 states, Canada and oter countries in Europe. Some states have lift laws, some have tire laws, and California just has ridiculous laws. I think Jeep is doing the best it can, when all other manufacturers have abandoned the offroader.

x2. Thank you and I agree! :thumbsup:

porters 09-02-2011 08:00 AM

I think this is actually representative of what is going wrong in the country. All-be-it on a much smaller scale.

Jeep is the most recognizable American vehicle period. It had it's roots in American power and greatness, and is now owned by foreign entities.

Why is that?

There are a lot of academic answers to those questions that involve economics, politics, history, etc. I don't want to talk about those here as that's not the point to this thread.

But when you boil it down the OPs opinion is surprisingly close to answering that question.

The bottom line is that business in America has changed. Businesses are not concerned about the employees, there is no longer a sense of loyalty between employer and employee anymore. As a result employees not longer have value and can be outsourced to China or India at will. Employees are exploited to the fullest extent possible as companies make you work more and more and try and pay you less and less. In the current America, a significant portion of the workforce feels they can't take paid vacation. And those are the lucky ones who actually have jobs.

In modern America, the attitude of exploitation has moved to the consumer as well. We promise you a warranty, but we will try and get out of honoring that warranty at every opportunity. Jeep does not care about customer loyalty, they do not care about retaining customers that have been with the brand forever. They are more worried about expanding the market base. New customers are more important that existing customers. It's all about making sales next quarter not about making sales 5 years from now. Long term planning in American business is missing and that's why things are the way they are. This is why countries with long term plans like China are kicking our butt. This is why the Italians own Jeep. Our American short sightedness has consequences.

In the OP, the company that took care of the customer had a long term view, they wanted to ensure that customer would keep coming back for life. Jeep on the other hand, as was pointed out by others on this thread, is not looking for repeat customers, just new ones.

The sad truth is that a boycott or some mass action by customers might get Jeeps attention fora little while, it's not likely so solve the real problem with Jeep or the real problem with America.

American politics shows similar trends to American Business. Nobody serves the people anymore, and "we the people" have had it up to here. We are angry, and we want to have our voices heard. The problem is nobody is listening.

baconrocket 09-02-2011 08:12 AM

Originally Posted by blw (Post 2506225)
I had a Toyota Camry and the exhaust rusted in 2 years. The water pump on my Toyota Sequoia just had to be replaced at 30K miles. This does seem to be a big overreaction, and it wouldn't surprise me to see a few problems like this with my 2010 Jeep. My only vehicle that was totally reliable for the first 100k miles (not a problem!) was my Isuzu Trooper, but it was built in Japan by extremely anal people (no offense to them, I admire them).

I love my isuzu trooper. I can't wait to have it running again. (my fault, not the mfr)

I also love my Jeep. Nothing is built like it should be anymore. Fault society?

Chango 09-02-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by 89MJComanche (Post 2507415)
What you just described above, Looking Cool in your Oakleys, and REI duds, is because you feel good by wearing/driving what is similar/same as the HARD CORE FOLKS! If a bunch of pussy,crossdressing,retards only drove Pink Jeeps with 20" wheels and low profile tires down to the makeup store to buy some new pantys... No one would want to drive one in their Oakleys and REI duds! The people who bought Patriot/Current Liberty/First Gen Compass will NEVER EVER EVER BUY ANOTHER JEEP, because those Jeeps were SUCH JUNK and dont live up to the brand, can't be modded, cant even be fixed for that matter (a $5000 accident totals them) so eventually when owners get pissed cause there car is JUNK, and it aint cool anymore... THE WILL BE LOST CUSTOMERS FOREVER!

Speaking of panties, your'es are in a bunch right now. :wink:

I'm whining about pretty much the same thing in another thread, but you (and I) have gotta face the facts: Nobody is gonna build/offer a new ride for long that isn't profitable, and a true hardcore rig isn't desirable to any but a tiny minority here.

I got hooked in to the jeep game again by the J8. What a clever piece of advertising that was! A Jeep used by the military...any military ...creates a serious illustion of credibility to a vehicle that has been sorely lacking it at very low cost to Chrysler. Meanwhile, they can and will cut corners to make the most money possible with the least amount of cost on what they offer to us.

In fact, that strategy is what put Chrysler in bankruptcy in the first place; they cut too many corners and people stopped buying their product, then the markets went south and finished them off.

Still, wranglers seem to be much higher quality today than when I first looked at them in '07. I guess only time will tell if it's just improved on the surface.