JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   What do the initials stand for: JK, TJ, YJ, CJ? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/what-do-initials-stand-jk-tj-yj-cj-874/)

LOWLEY 01-29-2007 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Robar (Post 24265)
JK = Just Kick'n a$$ Jeep.

Good one!!!!!!!!!!!:yup:

Archer 01-29-2007 07:59 PM

Originally Posted by wayoflife (Post 6073)
Seriously, that's all it really is. For whatever it's worth, the JK was actually going to be called the TK until someone at DC decided to change it to something that still had a "J" in it. :crazyeyes:

Yup, I read the article where they talked with DC and it basically said they decided to have the "J" in it but it was really just pulled out of their butts no specific meaning.

I do like the above definition though:yup:

Renegade 01-30-2007 05:00 AM

For those interested in Jeep history, the History Channel did a program on the History of the 4 Wheel Drive that had a good section on the original Jeep. You might be able to find another show time on their website.

HUMONGO 01-30-2007 06:41 PM

I think Toyota calls theirs the "FJ" for F@#& Jeep!

JPRS51 01-31-2007 04:49 PM

Deciphering the model code:

Example model Code: JKJS74

Digit 1 & 2 combined is the platform code, not necessarily that it is a Wrangler. Proof of this is that the MK model includes both the Compass and Patriot. So eventually they could build a JK that is not a Wrangler.

3rd Digit designates 2 or 4 Wheel Drive
T = 2WD
J = 4WD

4th Digit designates the model
L = 2 door X
M = 4 door X
P = Sahara
S = Rubicon

5th Digit designates the body style
7 = SUV

6th Digit designates body model
4 = 4 Door
2 = 2 Door

MJS_Jeep_888 03-26-2007 08:11 AM

My answer, from a similar thread:

CJ = "Civilian Jeep"
YJ = “Yuppy Jeep” or “You’ve-gotta-be-kidding: SQUARE headlights on a Jeep?!?!”
TJ = “True Jeep” or “Tough Jeep” (a return to the “classic” Jeep)
JK = “Jeep King” (i.e. the best there’s ever been:yup::thumbs: ) or “Jeep Killer” (if you listen to the ignorant, jealous purists out there that think it’s a minivan:motz2::naw: ).

DeezUU 03-26-2007 08:54 AM

If you read the initial post about GP being slurred (kinda like a drunk GI trying to find their vehicle after a night of leave!! haha), and you throw in JK....

JoKe??

Lol... I hope that never happens but it's the 1st thing I thought of when I heard wind of the new name. I thought "sheese! this could be ugly!!" lol.

My sis and a good friend both drive FJs and I always joke around and call em 'FAKE JEEPS' or 'derogatory term for homosexual Jeep' :D

Dr.McNinja 03-26-2007 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by Don-A-Vee (Post 25372)
Deciphering the model code:

Example model Code: JKJS74

Digit 1 & 2 combined is the platform code, not necessarily that it is a Wrangler. Proof of this is that the MK model includes both the Compass and Patriot. So eventually they could build a JK that is not a Wrangler.

3rd Digit designates 2 or 4 Wheel Drive
T = 2WD
J = 4WD

4th Digit designates the model
L = 2 door X
M = 4 door X
P = Sahara
S = Rubicon

5th Digit designates the body style
7 = SUV

6th Digit designates body model
4 = 4 Door
2 = 2 Door

So, not being a rocket scientist, just a brain surgeon (and only occasionally), why didn't they make any sense with the letters. If 6 tells how many doors, why does 4 also tell how many doors (but only for the X)? If I were doing it, digits 1-3 and 5-6 would stay the same, but 4 would be X=X, S=Sahara, R=Rubicon. Instead of what they did. But that's just me.

HappyCurmudgeon 03-26-2007 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Dr.McNinja (Post 52449)
So, not being a rocket scientist, just a brain surgeon (and only occasionally), why didn't they make any sense with the letters. If 6 tells how many doors, why does 4 also tell how many doors (but only for the X)? If I were doing it, digits 1-3 and 5-6 would stay the same, but 4 would be X=X, S=Sahara, R=Rubicon. Instead of what they did. But that's just me.

Because then a caveman could do it.
:toung:

warnercj7 11-02-2007 04:17 AM

Originally Posted by Ubique (Post 24262)
Not sure what JK stands for.

CJ = Civilian Jeep
TJ = Trendy Jeep
YJ = Yuppy Jeep

JK = Jeep King