Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What do you recommend for my "virgin" JK?

Old 02-23-2011, 04:12 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Get a Superchips Flashpaq. You will really like the performance difference!
Old 02-23-2011, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You own a jeep. This mod journey starts somewhere but never ends. Close your eyes and point at the list... Start there. It doesn't matter what you start with the rest will come
Old 02-23-2011, 04:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

By far and away, recovery gear and a good first aid kit first
Old 02-23-2011, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

In addition to the safety kit, recovery, and first aid stuff.

Seat covers. Kids=need for seat covers. Wish I would have, I had a spot on my seat from some unknown substance the kids helped with from week 1.

Rather than the full third row, I am thinking I will just add a single jumpseat in the rear, saving some of the cargo space. Gives me a little added room for the three kids to not beat each other in the back seat.

Another thing I added very early was the tuffy underseat drawer. Good for stashing stuff in a semi-secure manner. Not many of those spaces on a soft top JK.

Depending on the size of the kids, maybe some side steps. I installed those on my Rubicon the very day I bought it. I will probably remove them once the kids are a little taller and re-install the rock rails, but it will be a few years.

Enjoy the new Jeep!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:46 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Kastiron
In addition to the safety kit, recovery, and first aid stuff.

Seat covers. Kids=need for seat covers. Wish I would have, I had a spot on my seat from some unknown substance the kids helped with from week 1.

Rather than the full third row, I am thinking I will just add a single jumpseat in the rear, saving some of the cargo space. Gives me a little added room for the three kids to not beat each other in the back seat.

Another thing I added very early was the tuffy underseat drawer. Good for stashing stuff in a semi-secure manner. Not many of those spaces on a soft top JK.

Depending on the size of the kids, maybe some side steps. I installed those on my Rubicon the very day I bought it. I will probably remove them once the kids are a little taller and re-install the rock rails, but it will be a few years.

Enjoy the new Jeep!
I looked up the drawer and that looks cool! I currently have my window smasher hammer and mag light under my seat.

Do you have any seat cover suggestions? That is a really good idea. So far they have only been allowed to drink water in there.
Old 02-25-2011, 05:09 AM
JK Freak

I got the Smittybilt Seat Covers and love them -

4wheelparts has a deal right now on their Neoprene Seat Covers:

Free Rear Smittybilt Neoprene Seat Cover w/Purchase of 2 Front Neoprene Seat Covers - so total you're looking at $250 bucks or so.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/Interior-...%2fBNEOCOVER3B

Old 02-25-2011, 05:56 AM
JK Newbie

This week I:

- Ordered floor mats
- Replaced the First Aid Kit (we killed our last one last summer on the "Trip of a Lifetime")
- Got a new triangle for my existing safety kit and added "flares" to the list.
- Researched recovery kits (haven't picked one yet, do they mount behind the wheel?)
- Started drooling over tires (I have lots of questions about tires and what will fit)
- Considered Rocker Panel protection and really love the look of white rock rails

Decided to kill the idea of getting steps. The little kids will be lifted in until they don't need help and the oldest kid will get herself in until her disease progresses and then I'll carry a mini step for her (currently I can lift her in at 110lbs).

And I parked on my front lawn last night. Best part of the day.
Old 02-25-2011, 06:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I am glad to see you have made the first aid kit one of the first additions. I would also recommend a fire extinguisher. Personally, I feel every vehicle on the road should have these two things.

If you look in the write-up's section you will find a number of mods that you can perform yourself for free or low cost. I store my recovery equipment in the cubby in the back. I also have the Smittybuilt MOLLE tailgate cover. My recovery gear might be in there. I just picked up straps and shackles from various places.

Watch Craigslist for tires and such. Sometimes you can find some good deals.

Quick Reply: What do you recommend for my "virgin" JK?