Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WHat do you think? LOD Roof Rack (Patent pending)

Old 10-06-2014, 07:32 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WHat do you think? LOD Roof Rack (Patent pending)

Not sure if it has been posted yet. But I wanted to share and see how you all felt about the product.

Click image for larger version

Name:	LoD%20Rack%204.jpg
Views:	1871
Size:	78.1 KB
ID:	578719Click image for larger version

Name:	LoD%20Rack%2015.jpg
Views:	2564
Size:	87.6 KB
ID:	578720Click image for larger version

Name:	LoD%20Rack%2017.jpg
Views:	13582
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	578721

**EDIT: LOD posted this on another forum. Might be useful information.

"Well the Patent Pending LoD Jeep JK Easy Access Sliding Roof Rack is finally here! These are just some initial shots for everybody, we will have more pics here late this week. Its pictured in Grey for picture purposes only and will be available for sale at the end of October in texture black. This Patent Pending Roof Rack system allows the user to easily unlatch and slide it back out of the way in order to access the soft top of the Jeep and put it up and down, and easily access the Freedom Panels on the hard top!

The rack will hold 300 lbs in the fully open position so there is no need to remove your gear in order to access your soft or hard top either! So this way you don’t have to unload, and then unbolt, and then tilt your roof rack back just to access the soft top and then repeat the whole time consuming process in reverse just to put your top up or down!

The LoD Easy Access Sliding Roof Rack is rated to carry 300 lbs while driving and it is rated to hold 600 lbs the closed static position or basically while the Jeep is not moving or at rest.

The rear mounts are also part of the Patent pending and are really clever, They mount behind the tail light and do require to drill 5 holes to mount them, SO you say you don’t want to drill holes you can see in the body of your new Jeep? No problem, if you remove the bracket and reinstall the tail light it completely covers the holes and you can’t tell it was ever drilled!

The Roof Racks also creates and Awning off the back side when its in the open position, great for camping or events such as tailgating. You can also mount up to a 50” LED Light bar in 3 different positions on the front of the rack, either on top, inside (as pictured in a few of the pictures), or underneath at the top side of the windshield. Accessories will include, a ladder on the drivers side, Aluminum Floor kit, hi-lift jack mounts, Front Air deflector, axe or shovel mounts and a retractable handle of assisting in opening or closing rack. "

Last edited by Joksanmo; 10-07-2014 at 06:18 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

If its consistent with their quality, it should be a great option.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:03 AM
-

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Creative.. but our concern is of course the 2 Dr option.. plus because we have the half top.. I would need something to incorp or suspend items in the "blank" zone originally intended for the High Rock storage tray system.. In this case, I would even suggest different types of storage devices.. one might even incorp a spare tire carrier within the blink or dead zone, thus removing the spare tire from the tailgate..

One would disengage the rack, slide tray back towards the rear of the jeep. Disengage the spare tire carrier/tray, which would slowly swing down for ease of access once pulled clear of the body.

So we would need LoD to create an under rack storage system which works in unison with the current rack system. Sort of filling the void if you will.

Last edited by AngryRedBird; 10-06-2014 at 09:07 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:12 AM
JK Junkie

I think it's awesome however I'm sure there will be a hefty price tag as with most of their stuff.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:24 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by AngryRedBird
Creative.. but our concern is of course the 2 Dr option.. plus because we have the half top.. I would need something to incorp or suspend items in the "blank" zone originally intended for the High Rock storage tray system.. In this case, I would even suggest different types of storage devices.. one might even incorp a spare tire carrier within the blink or dead zone, thus removing the spare tire from the tailgate.. One would disengage the rack, slide tray back towards the rear of the jeep. Disengage the spare tire carrier/tray, which would slowly swing down for ease of access once pulled clear of the body. So we would need LoD to create an under rack storage system which works in unison with the current rack system. Sort of filling the void if you will.
Yea they should absolutely make up something to fit your very specific needs. You and the other 3 people out there running a wind jammer year round that also want a roof rack certainly warrant them spending money on r&d for a tire carrier option.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:56 AM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If the rear point is body mounted (hard to tell, but looks like it is), I'm not too crazy about that design. I thought the frame mount on my old GOBI seemed more secure & sturdy than the body mounted racks I've seen (warrior, garvin, etc). Just my 2 cents.
Old 10-06-2014, 10:23 AM
-

Originally Posted by JE8154
Yea they should absolutely make up something to fit your very specific needs. You and the other 3 people out there running a wind jammer year round that also want a roof rack certainly warrant them spending money on r&d for a tire carrier option.
I believe Joksanmo asked:
WHat do you think? LOD Roof Rack (Patent pending)
Which clearly indicates he is searching for a few insights from others on how they feel about this product.. In your case, you've chosen to avoid his question and direct your comments towards me.. bantering again I see..
Old 10-06-2014, 10:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

The rear supports are attached to the tub behind the tail lights. The rack is rated at 300lbs active load.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MMXJKU
The rear supports are attached to the tub behind the tail lights. The rack is rated at 300lbs active load.
Exact same rating for GOBI, and it's frame mounted. Something doesn't quite mesh here.
Old 10-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Guys, please keep this thread civil and on topic. Thanks!

Quick Reply: WHat do you think? LOD Roof Rack (Patent pending)