JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   What Has Changed? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/what-has-changed-13672/)

cleatherman 08-14-2007 02:16 AM

What Has Changed?

I have heard of the inside door panels being new and i think something about a new instrument cluster but and not sure any thing else that anyone one know of that has changed just wondering.

MJS_Jeep_888 08-14-2007 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by cleatherman (Post 150967)
I have heard of the inside door panels being new and i think something about a new instrument cluster but and not sure any thing else that anyone one know of that has changed just wondering.

Well, other than the 7.0L V10 Turbodiesel engine, the door handles are about the only big change... No, not really. :rotflmao1:

HappyCurmudgeon 08-14-2007 04:46 AM

The nose had to be stretched slightly to fit that big diesel in there, and the hood center was raised and side vents added to allow air flow into the turbo. (kinda like cowl induction, but not quite) The interior of the doors was changed to allow the gullwing feature to operate correctly. Mopar has also introduced an easy door removal system. Simply open them in the garage, and back out, they pop right off & the rearview mirror dimples will be of little concern. They also released an in garage storage system for the doors if you choose not to use the easy removal system, simply open the doors until they contact the ceiling in the gull wing configuration, and use a few drywall screws to attach them to the ceiling, then pull the pins out & you are all set. This also allows use of the integrated jack feature. After screwing the doors to the ceiling, if you simply close them, it will lift the jeep 3-5 ft off the ground for easy lift installation & tire rotation maintenance.

Oh, and aparently they stopped putting plugs over the armrest screw holes.

JKcarp 08-14-2007 06:53 AM

Damn, I knew I should have waited to buy an '08.

MJS_Jeep_888 08-14-2007 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon (Post 151009)
The nose had to be stretched slightly to fit that big diesel in there, and the hood center was raised and side vents added to allow air flow into the turbo. (kinda like cowl induction, but not quite) The interior of the doors was changed to allow the gullwing feature to operate correctly. Mopar has also introduced an easy door removal system. Simply open them in the garage, and back out, they pop right off & the rearview mirror dimples will be of little concern. They also released an in garage storage system for the doors if you choose not to use the easy removal system, simply open the doors until they contact the ceiling in the gull wing configuration, and use a few drywall screws to attach them to the ceiling, then pull the pins out & you are all set. This also allows use of the integrated jack feature. After screwing the doors to the ceiling, if you simply close them, it will lift the jeep 3-5 ft off the ground for easy lift installation & tire rotation maintenance.

Oh, and aparently they stopped putting plugs over the armrest screw holes.

He's right - that's the 2108 Wrangler, to a "T"! Oh, I forgot to mention that the Turbodiesel runs on a mixture of water and driver-supplied waste... that's what the little tube on the seat is for...

JKcarp 08-14-2007 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888 (Post 151134)
He's right - that's the 2108 Wrangler, to a "T"! Oh, I forgot to mention that the Turbodiesel runs on a mixture of water and driver-supplied waste... that's what the little tube on the seat is for...

So much for rest stops.

Dubya 08-26-2007 08:15 PM

Originally Posted by MJS_Jeep_888 (Post 151134)

White Castle's/Krystals provide the best mileage... something about 'explosive' power? :rotflmao1: