Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What an idiot

Old 02-23-2009, 07:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What an idiot

So, on another forum I saw someone with a ’09 Rubicon got the infamous “ding” when driving up a long grade, but he also got “oilhot” in the Trip Odometer display. I decided to download the ’09 Owners Manual and check it out. I searched for “oilhot” but couldn’t find it, so I paged though the Manual to look for it. When reading the Sway Bar Disconnect section I noticed that the sway bar could be disconnected in 4LO and 4HI. What? Hey, I want to disconnect the sway bar in 4HI in my ’08 too! I have to go Chrysler and or the Dealer to complain or re-flash or something!!! Then I though wait, what does it say in the ’08 Manual…. look it up… hey, it says it works in 4LO and 4HI in the ’08 manual too! What? Get in Jeep, drive down the road, put it in 4HI, flip on the Sway Bar Switch, blink, blink, blink, click, solid! After 1 year I can now finally disconnect my sway bar in 4HI! Wow, I am stupid, but very glad to get this new “feature”!

BTW - I didn’t find “oilhot” in the ’09 Manual.
Old 02-23-2009, 07:51 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WeGo4x4
Once you hit 35 mph it think the sway bar reconnects. The guy was probablly in Drive and 4HI while hitting the trails. Depending on the type of trail that would cause you to overheat kind of quickly. JMO.
Yeah, it reconnects around 18mph, which is really pretty fast for 4LO. I think they re-connect it because they say it's "unsafe" to drive that fast with the sway bar disconnected.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:00 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by WeGo4x4
That's right. I forgot what the mileage was.
I think it's somewhere around 35kph.

Quick Reply: What an idiot