JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   What makes a fully modified JK still a JK? (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/what-makes-fully-modified-jk-still-jk-233054/)

Hollidizzle 05-22-2012 09:06 AM

So because it's street legal with a Jeep body it's a JK?

Please dont take any of this as criticism....I just want to understand this thing. I know how the written word can sometimes betaken WAY differently than the spoken. No offense to anyone....seriously

Hollidizzle 05-22-2012 09:07 AM

Stock - self explanatory

Modified - there is the issue

Hollidizzle 05-22-2012 09:10 AM

If someone put a JK body on a custom buggy and they never owned a Jeep in their life and posted on here everyone would be saturating them with accolades. Does that make them a JK owner?

OH9JK 05-22-2012 09:10 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh boy....here we go again....

Attachment 320139

thedrod 05-22-2012 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by Hollidizzle (Post 3028567)
Stock - self explanatory

Stock = no need for a forum

Hey everybody look at my factory wheels that are the same as all of yours.
Hey guys my jeep is still the same height as it was last year, and the same height as yours.
Hey guys I couldn't go up this hill, I guess I'll go home and not try it again.....ever

Originally Posted by Hollidizzle (Post 3028567)
Modified - there is the issue

The only issue, if any, is deciding what makes you happy, how far you want to go, and how much can you or want to spend?

Hollidizzle 05-22-2012 09:11 AM

I'll quit posting....even remove it....I don't care. Just a friendly question to the group. No worries.

scooby snacks 05-22-2012 09:12 AM

Sorry WOL we must ban you... :rotflmao2: you have exceeded our modification limits!! :rotflmao2:

Seriously, I think the point of this forum is to be in a group with people of a common interest and from what I have seen there are a lot of people making serious modifications and others that proudly proclaim they will always be stock. Not one size or flavor fits all... that is the beauty of having 60K+ members. One may feel that the OPs mods are even 'over the top' (I don't. I like them.). Guess it depends on one's perspective and maybe even wallet. I would suggest that even non-Jeep owners join before they make purchases to see if it is their 'Way of Life'. That's really the point... get informative information, see if your expecations fit in with the forum... choose to particpate or not...

Anyways, it is an interesting question you pose but I guess it is up to indivdual to decide if this is the right forum for them or if they have out grown it.

Hollidizzle 05-22-2012 09:19 AM

Don't ban me WOL....I like it here. :)

I just wonder if some people are here to show off more than they are here to contribute. I am not as mechanical as some but I try and help out when and where I can. I know this isn't the majority but definitely some. Hell I do it every now and then as should everyone. It takes a lot of time and money to make these mods and we should all be proud of them. It's just the root question that it seems doesn't even matter....what makes a JK a JK

Mic4x4 05-22-2012 09:34 AM

To be honest I'm having trouble understanding your question but here's my response to what I think your asking... If it's a JK its a JK, it doesn't matter if it's stock or modified. Does a rubicon have to be lifted and modified to work? No, a stock JK is still a part of this way of life we commonly call a jeep thing. What makes this forum work, in response to your comment, is it appeals to multiple interest all with a common passion, our JKs. Having many sections on this forum ie modified - stock - show and tell - jk talk - Etc...just gives everyone a place to expand on their interest.

Rule18 05-22-2012 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Hollidizzle (Post 3028599)
Don't ban me WOL....I like it here. :)

I just wonder if some people are here to show off more than they are here to contribute. I am not as mechanical as some but I try and help out when and where I can. I know this isn't the majority but definitely some. Hell I do it every now and then as should everyone. It takes a lot of time and money to make these mods and we should all be proud of them. It's just the root question that it seems doesn't even matter....what makes a JK a JK

No matter where you go, what you read or what you do there will be a small group of people that participate only to show off. This forum and the majority of the members IMHO, are good helpful people with a strong sense of community, experience to share and a sense of humor to laugh at themselves and others (mostly due to mods going badly!). I actually understand what you're saying, but, a JK's a JK no matter how you slice it up. Which a good many of us have. . . . Over and over again. :beer: