Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What is the purpos of a Hummer

Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by finfreeze

ROTFLMAO!!!! They are also used to con guys into traps called "relationships".....

Too funny!
Happens to all of us!
Old 02-09-2013, 08:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's why they stopped making them.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-09-2013, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JMcD

Happens to all of us!
This is true! I got caught about 10 years ago and can't seem to find my way out haha! Not sure i could survive in wild anymore...
Old 02-09-2013, 08:57 AM
JK Jedi

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by finfreeze

ROTFLMAO!!!! They are also used to con guys into traps called "relationships".....

Too funny!
That's why I have a GF!
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 AM
JK Newbie

Ha, I've owned both. Actually traded the hummer for my jeep after seeing how much better my wife's jeep made it to our house than my heavy hummer did. I live in the middle of nowhere on a step hill with lots of snow in the winter. Funny, I get the same gas mileage with my modded jeep as I did with the hummer, but the jeep is so much better. I now live by the motto - you can't get a jeep in a hummer, but you can get a hummer in a jeep...

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk HD
Old 02-09-2013, 11:58 AM
JK Newbie

I think the H1 in military configuration is still cool. They are rare and hold their value really well. Pretty wide for most trails though.

Obviously, they took the H2's in the rapper direction and killed it with bling. I don't see many of those any more either. South Park did a funny episode about them.

H3 was an abomination from the start.
Old 02-09-2013, 03:48 PM
JK Newbie

I am definitely a Jeep fan and I tend to look down my nose on other 4x4 vehicles too (especially Japanese ones), but I also try to force myself away from my natural condescending views and accept all the off-roaders. After all, this is America (or at least used to be) and that's what we are. We have freedom of choice. Imagine if everyone chose to drive a Jeep. How boring would that be?? Then we would all be pretty generic.

My friend and ex-manager drives a Hummer. I personally wouldn't want it and I certainly give him a rash of sh** about it (good naturedly for the most part) but to his credit he has joined us on some of our off-road trips. He deserves a lot of credit for this. Most Hummer drivers wouldn't do it. He tackled and conquered Moab Hill here in Colorado (no, not Moab). Maybe not the most difficult obstacle, but certainly not a walk in the park. Probably did about as well as my Plain Jane stock JK Unlimited.

While I agree with most of your views here and I believe most Hummers were purchased to project a certain image, I for one am glad they exist. And some of the drivers even deserve credit for having the balls to go off road with us Jeepers.

Just my $.02
Old 02-09-2013, 05:26 PM
JK Junkie

The title says it all.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pleasure? Lol
Originally Posted by yeahbuddy
I think the H1 in military configuration is still cool. They are rare and hold their value really well. Pretty wide for most trails though.

Obviously, they took the H2's in the rapper direction and killed it with bling. I don't see many of those any more either. South Park did a funny episode about them.

H3 was an abomination from the start.
Do remember that the H1 is an AM General product, & the H2 & H3 are rebodied GM products, completely different animals.
Old 02-09-2013, 06:29 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only GM Hummer I ever liked was this toy version. As a toy it's fantastic, and while it technically has no place in my collection of GI Joes, I can not see myself getting rid of it.

G.I. Joe: The Rise of COBRA - Steel Crusher w/ Nitro-Viper

Quick Reply: What is the purpos of a Hummer