Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

What top to go with?

Old 11-18-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am new to this and have a question for all of you. I have a '10 4 door Rubicon with the stock 3 piece hard top. I purchased the Off Road Hero's fastback soft top. I like the ORH's versitility but I like how quiet the hard top is. I saw the Wild Boar fastback and thought this might be a great combo, but it is $$$$ for a top. Is the Wild Boar worth the money. Thanks for your input.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0587.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	103198  

Last edited by Pilotscottb; 11-21-2010 at 05:17 AM.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:37 PM
JK Freak

Default I am wanted

I am wanted to see what people say about the WildBoar top. I like the look but not the price.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:41 PM
JK Freak

Wife said hard is always better.
Old 11-18-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CAOKKIE
Wife said hard is always better.
Yeah but he also wants it quieter, I doubt that applies in your innuendo

I say Noise Shmoise, It ain't a caddy.
Old 11-18-2010, 02:05 PM
JK Junkie

i am very interested in the wild boar fast back hard top. i just cant imagine spending $3,400 on a top :/
Old 11-20-2010, 08:57 PM
JK Newbie

Love your jeep, do you like the Off road hero top, I'm looking at the Bestop fastback top and have gotten mixed reviews
Old 11-21-2010, 03:56 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by 1mhenry
Love your jeep, do you like the Off road hero top, I'm looking at the Bestop fastback top and have gotten mixed reviews
I had the Trek Top and did not care for it. I could not get the top to fit correctly and had a gap above the front doors. The ORH top fits well and is very versatile and I think looks good. If you have any other questions let me know. Where do you live? I am actually thinking about selling it if I decide on a Wild Boar top.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Pilotscottb
I had the Trek Top and did not care for it. I could not get the top to fit correctly and had a gap above the front doors. The ORH top fits well and is very versatile and I think looks good. If you have any other questions let me know. Where do you live? I am actually thinking about selling it if I decide on a Wild Boar top.
I had the Trektop and sent it back for the same reason. Did you have any issues with the ORH company??? Ive read horror stories but I really like the looks. I've been hesitant to get it because of that. Let me know if u decide to sell the ORH, im interested.
Old 11-21-2010, 11:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sringer
i am very interested in the wild boar fast back hard top. i just cant imagine spending $3,400 on a top :/
Wow! thats expensive...
Old 11-21-2010, 11:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

WARNING: BUYER BEWARE
The manufacturer of this product is believed to be a Canadian based company called Californiatops. This conclusion was determined by doing research online and by what the author of this post eventually stated in his post here.

Californiatops is a company that has a long history of questionable business practices and they have been banned from eBay and PayPal. This has been documented by the Ripoff Report and can be verified by doing a simple Google search or a search on forums such as JeepsUnlimited.com and RubiconOwners.com. More recently, a member here had purchased a thermal liner from this company while they were still going under the name coloradojeepman and his experience with them can be found here.

I have personally tried contacting this company to acquire a phone number and/or physical address for their stated location in Florida just in case the information I had about them was erroneous and my inquiries were met with hostility and my questions went unanswered. Needless to say, it is our opinion that this company has questionable business practices and would advise against purchasing any of their products.

Quick Reply: What top to go with?