Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whats my jeep worth?

Old 08-17-2013, 08:53 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats my jeep worth?

I'm trying to find out what my jeep is worth. Gonna try to sell it here soon and get a newer one. It's a 2007 model
List of stuff:
3" rancho lift
35" open country MTs
17" ballistics
Bully dog programmer
Smittybilt tire carrier
Smittybilt fenders
Hard top and soft top
4:10 gears
3.8L
Red LEDs
K&N air filter
Body has about 85,000 miles
Motor has about 25,000
Only had 20,000 when installed
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-407702872.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	99.3 KB
ID:	488985   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3816776313.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	59.4 KB
ID:	488987   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2768083584.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	488988  
Old 08-17-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

If you sell to a dealer you might get $16,500 then they will turn around and sell it for 24K

Private you could get around 22Kfor it.

Dealers are out to make a profit they won't do you any favors

Last edited by Jonathan_JK; 08-17-2013 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-17-2013, 10:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Jonathan_JK
If you sell to a dealer you might get $16,500 then they will turn around and sell it for 24K

Private you could get around 22Kfor it.

Dealers are out to make a profit they won't do you any favors
Being a dealer, that is not an accurate statement.
Old 08-17-2013, 12:33 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK Inspired

Well about what would y'all give for it?
Old 08-17-2013, 12:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JK Inspired
So dealers are not out to make a profit? The only reason the dealer will give you anything or a "Favor" is so they can get more money from you in the future.

I used to work for a Dealer I know exactly how they operate.

I see your posts on this all the time and your complete waste.. I loose brain cells reading the garbage that you post. Your ignorant and its sad. You are the "Anti wheel spacer" fool.

Come talk to me when you have worked on Cars, Trucks, and Aircraft for over 15 years. I'm a certified A&P mechanic that also is licensed to weld on Aircraft and Aircraft ground support equipment. I'm not saying I know it all but I can tell you your a moron.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

So dealers are not out to make a profit? The only reason the dealer will give you anything or a "Favor" is so they can get more money from you in the future.

I see your posts on this all the time and your complete waste.. I loose brain cells reading the garbage that you post. Your ignorant and its sad. You are the "Anti wheel spacer" fool.

Come talk to me when you have worked on Cars, Trucks, and Aircraft for over 15 years. I'm a certified A&P mechanic that also is licensed to weld on Aircraft and Aircraft ground support equipment. I'm not saying I know it all but I can tell you your a moron.
Hahaha love it!

Sent from my NSA listening device
Old 08-17-2013, 03:23 PM
JK Freak

Nominated for post of the week.

I also used to sell cars. The only reason it isn't as dirty as it was back then is that the average consumer is equipped with a lot more knowledge now. A business has one primary purpose - to maximize profit. That's what makes it a business. There's nothing wrong with that, but car dealers have a reputation for being unethical for a reason. They will give you as little as possible for yours and charge as much as they can for theirs. That's their job.

To the OP, check NADAguides.com, kbb.com, and edmunds.com for private party sale. That's pretty accurate depending on how much value someone might put on the mods. In my experience selling a few of these things, it isn't much. Maybe a grand or so.

Last edited by JohnnyQuik; 08-17-2013 at 03:26 PM.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One thing to remember is, unfortunately mods won't do much for you as far as increasing value of a trade in. Just a way of life. Good luck!

X2 on getting more money out of private sale. Dealers are out to make money, not give it away

Quick Reply: Whats my jeep worth?