Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Whats my jeep worth?

Old 09-16-2013, 06:08 PM
Super Moderator

Received 80 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by TheDirtman
Small market for modded jeeps, most people will not buy a molested vehicle and the ones that want a built one will want to do it themselves. I would put it back to stock as much as you can and expect a dealer to offer you around 12-15k for it depending on where you live.
I disagree, although things sell differently in different areas. Where I live, modded Jeeps sell like hotcakes. Whatever you do, don't trade it in, sell it outright. Don't sell it for trade in value, go by market value. Check similar listings in your area, and see how dealers are pricing them. Be patient, and don't sell yourself short. Price it high. You can always come down..
Old 09-16-2013, 06:13 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan0260

I disagree, although things sell differently in different areas. Where I live, modded Jeeps sell like hotcakes. Whatever you do, don't trade it in, sell it outright. Don't sell it for trade in value, go by market value. Check similar listings in your area, and see how dealers are pricing them. Be patient, and don't sell yourself short. Price it high. You can always come down..
Agree 100%. Dealers will use your mods as an excuse to offer you less. Sell it yourself. It looks good, your mods will increase the value to the right buyer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-16-2013, 06:18 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brian3033
Agree 100%. Dealers will use your mods as an excuse to offer you less. Sell it yourself. It looks good, your mods will increase the value to the right buyer. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
I can't agree with you on that. If the mods are over the top, then yes- they'll use them against you. If the mods are tasteful then it's something they will pay more for.

Example....my friend and I both had 2010's. I was on stock tires, rubi wheels, aftermarket bumpers front and rear, rock rails, winch, tinted windows, alarm, aftermarket radio, and 80k miles.

His was a 10 with 35's, aftermarket wheels, aftermarket bumpers front and rear, rubi axles, rubi tcase, trektop nx, winch, rails, and 30k miles.

Both of us were offered $20k......I kept mine.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4

Quick Reply: Whats my jeep worth?