Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

where are all the 2012 oscar mikes at?

Old 11-18-2012, 05:56 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gARY b
Kinda gay

There is a long history with jeeps and the military
If you care to do any research before you open up your big pie hole you would know what
"Oscar mike" stands for. On the move or on mission. I guess we know your not a military veteran. So next time you want to slam jeeps or the military. You better think twice.
I take it personal I served my country for 21 years. Now I need a beer......
Unless a portion of proceeds goes towards the troops its just another sales gimick by Jeep. There's nothing special about it besides some interior styling so if the price is more than s regular Sahara it isnt worth it. Jeep brings out soooo many SE's just to boost sales. Don't look to far into it & think they care about people lol
Old 11-18-2012, 05:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They do give a portion. Not alot but some
Old 11-18-2012, 06:13 PM
JK Newbie

"It is with both pride in our history and gratitude to all those who have served that we have chosen to donate $250 from each Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition to be divided between these important charitable organizations that benefit current and returning military members," says Mike Manley, President and CEO of the Jeep brand.

That equals out to a $325,000.00 donation for the 1300 jeeps sold. Not to bad in my opinion.
Old 11-18-2012, 06:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by gARY b
Kinda gay

There is a long history with jeeps and the military
If you care to do any research before you open up your big pie hole you would know what
"Oscar mike" stands for. On the move or on mission. I guess we know your not a military veteran. So next time you want to slam jeeps or the military. You better think twice.
I take it personal I served my country for 21 years. Now I need a beer......
Nobody is calling the military gay. The various appearance packages that Jeep has been spitting out since the inception of the JK have been continuously ridiculous. I'd argue that the COD:MW3 package is the only one that isn't ridiculous since you actually get a decent set of bumpers, but then you look at the price and realize that buying those bumpers complete from AEV directly would cost you less anyway, and it becomes ridiculous again.

Originally Posted by WULFFTRUBLE
"It is with both pride in our history and gratitude to all those who have served that we have chosen to donate $250 from each Jeep Wrangler Freedom Edition to be divided between these important charitable organizations that benefit current and returning military members," says Mike Manley, President and CEO of the Jeep brand.

That equals out to a $325,000.00 donation for the 1300 jeeps sold. Not to bad in my opinion.
I'd support a Freedom Edition that takes every cent of my $250 and lets me choose which military charity it goes to or gives significant price reductions of these vehicles to those who serve. Until then, these Jeeps should be considered Pandering Editions; we all know that most of the $250 "donation" goes into the pockets of people who have never worn a military uniform.

Maybe I'm not searching with the correct terms, but I'll be damned if I can find which organizations Jeep donates to when you buy an Oscar Mike.

Last edited by Spank; 11-18-2012 at 07:00 PM.
Old 12-30-2012, 05:33 PM
JK Newbie

Default Bought it - love it

Bought the True Blue Unlimited in July 2012 - Roseville, MN. Love it! Many compliments.
Old 12-30-2012, 06:32 PM
JK Newbie

Default True blue

I have a 2012 true blue. Here's mine
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	403698   Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	403705  
Old 12-30-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Newbie

here is mine

Click image for larger version

Name:	jeepp 1.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	403708Click image for larger version

Name:	aev hood.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	42.3 KB
ID:	403709Click image for larger version

Name:	freedom star.jpg
Views:	169
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	403710
Old 12-31-2012, 11:14 AM
Hsg
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Txbajajk
I have a 2012 true blue. Here's mine
Nice ,, what Tires size and model ?

Quick Reply: where are all the 2012 oscar mikes at?