Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who buys the 2wd JK's?

Old 12-02-2008, 05:47 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

when you go to the beach here in Mexico most of the 4 doors for rent are 2wd, so I guess they made a good sell there, also I've seen a trend for young rich kids to have one where I live(instead of convertible Peugeot's) I've also considered my self getting one for my daily driver that way I won't modify it too much and still drive a cool vehicle.
Old 12-02-2008, 05:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a better question than the OPs. Why the hate on 2wd? Aren't we all jeepers?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:00 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
I guess the definition of offroad varies from person to person. When I mean offroad I mean no road at all
My definition of offroad is the same as yours.
no need to be condescending.

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
I have a better question than the OPs. Why the hate on 2wd? Aren't we all jeepers?

I couldn't agree more
Old 12-02-2008, 06:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That wasn't my intention. My point is that not everyone has the same definition thus not the same requirements. Relax, I never use the forum to attack another member. We all own JKs here
Old 12-02-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Freak

There are some commercial applications that fill a couple of market niches nicely, like rural mail delivery. In fact, Right Hand Drive (RHD) conversions for rural delivery contract carriers is a nice specialty business for a couple of Jeep dealers in the Midwest. A good number of rural carriers opt for 4WD, but 2WD gets the mail delivered to much of America. The only real competition comes from Suburu.

-mel
Old 12-02-2008, 06:31 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by wiredawg_mg
That wasn't my intention. My point is that not everyone has the same definition thus not the same requirements. Relax, I never use the forum to attack another member. We all own JKs here
Maybe I read it wrong. if I did, sorry.

My point still stands though. My wife has been able to follow me almost everywhere I go. Other then a couple spots, one of which being mud. The moment she touches mud she is stuck. but she is able to flex and crawl just like anyone else. She just can't go out alone.

It really does bother me that people hate on 2WD Jeeps though. There is just no need for it and there is no need for threads like this. I may have never felt this way if I didn't own both, so I am kinda glad I do just to see the ugly side of it first hand.
Old 12-02-2008, 06:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No hard feelings. A typed word is never as good as a spoken word. Sometime the meaning is hard to interpret.
Old 12-02-2008, 07:10 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Because it's cooler than a 2WD Compass..... the doors and top still come off!
Old 12-02-2008, 06:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ranwitscissorz
No hate intended...I just didn't get it

Maybe it's just where I'm from and the conditions I encounter...

Last edited by Geezle; 12-02-2008 at 06:42 PM. Reason: wow sorry
Old 12-02-2008, 07:14 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Geezle
Maybe this is where my thinking is different. I live up in the great white North, and even if I don't take it off road a lot, I really like the idea of having the 4x4 for those sketchy winter times when I may need it.
I was saying at the time that I would be fine with a 4x2 cause it rarely gets icy. On my new one it is 4x4. Jeep was smart in doing what they did. When I had my 4x2 I did wheel it alittle but always with a buddy that had 4wd just in case.
But no matter what you drive 4x2 or 4x4 it is a jeep and we are all JEEPERS

Quick Reply: Who buys the 2wd JK's?