Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who doesn't have a JK?

Old 02-17-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NTXJK
I would go nutts if I didnt have one and was on this forum I hope you guys get one soon
No JK here either. Sadly, I have been looking and every time I get ready to pull the trigger something happens (Interest rates go up, gas prices go up, life happens, something else breaks (washer and dryer) company stops doing bonuses, etc, etc).

And to the quote above, it is absolute pure torture. And I start to think sometimes that I will NEVER get one.

Getting ready to pay off a $550 a month car payment in the next coupld of months though, so may start getting serious again this summer.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:52 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by LedZepp877
you mean there's people in this world without JK's.....sad
JK's are fun and I loved mine but there are other things that I would rather have than a JK. For instance, I rather be at the track with my Nova than wheelin with a JK.
Old 02-17-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

No JK here.

Have another 18 months on my current lease so it won't be for a while.

On the one hand I'm kicking myself because it seems like there are some pretty good deals out there to be had.

On the other hand, I'm kinda glad. I'll get to see if Chrysler still exists by mid-2010. I figure if they make it through 2009 and are still around then, then the lifetime warranty may still be around and they'll at least be around for service etc.

Of course, over the past several months every time we've had a nice day I wished I could drive around with the top off, so none of that other stuff has mattered much...
Old 02-17-2009, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NTXJK
I would go nutts if I didnt have one and was on this forum I hope you guys get one soon
It's pretty tough I must admit. Been here over a year, but I have been in the jeep family for a long time. Currently driving a 2kXJ lifted with stuff. Waiting on the day I can afford a 2009 Unlimited Rubi in either black or burnt orange. Prolly about another year or so out. Putting everything I can into paying off my wife's car and unsecured debt. I am up for a promotion which would provide the means to procure the JK, BUT naturally the economy tanked and so went my promotion. Although I now have the mindset that even once I get my promo I still want to unload my wife's car pymt and more unsecured debt. Even without the promo at the current rate I am 18 mo's out give or take a few months.
Old 02-17-2009, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

I'm without a JK also, I used to have a 89 YJ that I build up it was definitely fun messing around with that leaky old 4.2L.

I hope I can get an Unlimited Rubicon within the next year or two. I have my first child on the way (lil boy) and a paid off car, so no big step yet
I really love the site and all the people with JK's I envy you
Old 02-17-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by jasonm2131
I'm without a JK also, I used to have a 89 YJ that I build up it was definitely fun messing around with that leaky old 4.2L.

I hope I can get an Unlimited Rubicon within the next year or two. I have my first child on the way (lil boy) and a paid off car, so no big step yet
I really love the site and all the people with JK's I envy you
Ahhh, the carb that would run rich in the morning, and lean in the afternoon!!
Old 02-17-2009, 07:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

No Jk for me yet. But the Wife has an '08 LWB Rubi. I still have my XJ and this april its 10 years old. Still going strong. I'm gonna wait for a diesel, or at least an engine that's better than my 4.0.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

No JK for me yet either....actively looking and this site makes not having one TOUGH! All I get to do is and wait for the right time.

I keep busy by making build-lists from the JKs I see here and love, price them out and prioritize them so as soon as I get the JK I'll have the mods lined up and ready to order!

Fun fun stuff, thanks to everyone for both rubbing it in and having awesome knowledge and willingness to share.
Old 02-23-2009, 03:52 PM
JK Newbie

No JK yet for me either . still tolling around in my 94
Old 02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

JK-less here also. Just waiting to pay off the wife's car (which required selling my TJ). In the long run it'll be good, cause I wouldn't be able to go after a JK while still in my TJ. But short term, I punish myself every day by coming here and drooling over what I can't have right now.

Quick Reply: Who doesn't have a JK?