Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Who is part of the lifetime warranty group like ME????? Post here what ya get!

Old 05-10-2012, 04:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FlameRedJK
Dave Ramsey would say a "lifetime warranty" is a huge waste of money for what they cost and what you will realistically get out of it.

A few wise readers are going to read this and nod in approval.
I agree; however, when the book says my rig is still valued at 25k and I truly intend to keep it forever....

Dave also said that when you are debt free and have you emergency fund fully funded and your retirement funds going to plan...discretionary spending gets a lot easier!

Now, if I were like 90% of America and traded for a newer used car or new car every 3-5 years, it sure wouldn't make sense.

I'll be the old dude in the year 2040 where you stare and ogle my JK, like you do CJs present day.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

And Dave Ramsey has to pay to get his fixed... I don't.
Old 05-10-2012, 04:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default I'm not a lawyer but

Don't be Sheep

Force the issue with the dealership and make them show root cause for the damage, and if your mods were the cause accept that, but get other source to see if they concur, if they don't (like the 42RLE trans and that mopar transmission cooler was not the cause) document that. Dealerships and Chrysler reps will lie for profit thats the nature and ethics of business today.

So what would be the next step

Just let me say I read either on this forum or another, about a limited lifetime owner took the dealership to court (small claim I think) for breach of contract, the dealership didn't show, so the Judge ruled in favor of the owner,and ordered the dealership to resolve the dispute in a timely manner, well the dealership ignored that order, the owner went back to the court and explained the issue has not been settled, so the Judge ordered the County Sheriff to impound a new vehicle from that dealership until the dispute is settled, that where the post stop.

Even thou Chrysler has it's bank of lawyers it's still cheaper to settle out of court, but they could still take it all the way to jury then settle.

When Chrysler and Fiat merged, Congress didn't let Chrysler off the hook, they still have to honor their contracts to my knowledge.
Old 05-10-2012, 10:15 PM
JK Newbie

I also have the lifetime warranty on my 2008 Rubicon (purchased 083107). Update on previous posts - the inspection must be done within 60 days of the 5 year anniversary of the in-service date of the vehicle.

Quick Reply: Who is part of the lifetime warranty group like ME????? Post here what ya get!