Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

whos all waiting for aug?

Old 04-03-2010, 01:59 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default whos all waiting for aug?

just wondering if there will be a line at the jeep store on aug 16th,pentastar reveal.... like todays ipad launch. if there is, will that be an excuse for the stealership to price over m.s.r.p. ? how many delayed puchase of the jk for the new engine ,and hopefully new tranny? close to a year and half for me, hope its worth it.

Last edited by jamesinmx; 04-03-2010 at 06:52 PM.
Old 04-03-2010, 02:35 PM
JK Freak

Ditto to Dutchboy!
Old 04-03-2010, 02:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Default Re: whos all waiting for aug?

Are they expected to roll out the wrangler with a pentastar engine? I'd have to try one before buying. Right now I am sceptical
Old 04-03-2010, 03:06 PM
dxu
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dealer yesterday said no new engine in Wrangler for 2011 but maybe 2012
Old 04-03-2010, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dxu
Dealer yesterday said no new engine in Wrangler for 2011 but maybe 2012
I'd like to say that any dealer who tells you that is full of shit and is probably wanting people to buy what they have on the lot or can order right now instead of waiting for the new engine. I can't say that because no one really knows other than some engineers at Chrysler if the new engine is gonna be in the 2011 models. I highly doubt a dealer would know anyway, most of them cant remove their heads from their a$$holes long enough to learn anything about any of the vehicles they sell.
Old 04-03-2010, 05:12 PM
dxu
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Adam3612
I'd like to say that any dealer who tells you that is full of shit and is probably wanting people to buy what they have on the lot or can order right now instead of waiting for the new engine. I can't say that because no one really knows other than some engineers at Chrysler if the new engine is gonna be in the 2011 models. I highly doubt a dealer would know anyway, most of them cant remove their heads from their a$$holes long enough to learn anything about any of the vehicles they sell.

Agreed 100%.

Just mentioning what was told to me. Right now Jeep is as tight-lipped on Wrangler getting a new V-6 as Apple is about the upcoming iPhone.
Old 04-03-2010, 06:13 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Originally Posted by dxu
Agreed 100%. Just mentioning what was told to me. Right now Jeep is as tight-lipped on Wrangler getting a new V-6 as Apple is about the upcoming iPhone.
Apple makes a phone? When did that happen?
Old 04-03-2010, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

I talked to close friend who owns a jeep dealership and all he would tell me is "Wait for the 2011 models this winter - big changes coming!"
Old 04-04-2010, 12:20 AM
JK Junkie

Default New motor...still waiting!!!

I am def. waiting for the new motor. Im not to worried about "First Year" bugs...Look at the 2007, there still finding "First year" bugs!!! Thats why new vehicles have warranties.

Good question about prices, if they try to jack prices up becasue of the new motor ill keep waiting, But on the other end mof the spectrum....if people are afraid to buy a new Motor, prices may fall.... Something to think about.

KEEPIN MY FINGERS CROSSED FOR THIS AUG.!!!!!!!
Old 04-04-2010, 05:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dxu
Agreed 100%.

Just mentioning what was told to me. Right now Jeep is as tight-lipped on Wrangler getting a new V-6 as Apple is about the upcoming iPhone.
Agreed! I've heard the interior is getting technology and storage upgrades and that they're planning on changing the exterior a little bit by modifying the aerodynamics to make them a little better (that could be hit or miss). Of course this is all just speculation but i've read on a cpl of websites where higher up Chrysler guys said that changes to the Wrangler were coming and they were aiming to please the off road crowd. The Pentastar might not have many bugs, apparently they sent a test batch of Pentastars to Roush Industries to conduct further testing after they had done their own. Someone tell me if im wrong but Roush Industries/Jack Roush are pretty reputable arent they?

Quick Reply: whos all waiting for aug?