Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why does Consumer Reports rank the Wrangler SO LOW????

Old 04-09-2010, 01:10 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why does Consumer Reports rank the Wrangler SO LOW????

I have never understood this, but why does Consumer Reports rank the Jeep Wrangler so low. I have never had any problems with any of my Wranglers. The reason I bring this up is I just saw another artical about the top ten worst vehicles on the road: and the Wrangler is one of them.

Please give me your thoughts

Here is the link to the article

http://finance.yahoo.com/family-home...od=family-home
Old 04-09-2010, 01:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

They must have not taken the top and doors off when they were testing it
Old 04-09-2010, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they are jealous that our doors and tops come off so they rated it so low that no one will buy them (so they hope, obviously not the case) so they can get them all
Old 04-09-2010, 01:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cause the editor probably owned an FJ or a Hummer
Old 04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
JK Newbie

I feel that the Wrangler has always been of good build quality. Maybe I just like Jeeps and have been blind????
Old 04-09-2010, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

there are two types of drivers....Jeep owners, and everyone else. That guy fell into the everyone else part
Old 04-09-2010, 01:43 PM
JK Junkie

I personally have no idea why the average person would want to own a Jeep. I tear on mine, wheel the hell out of it. Had I been looking for a daily grocery getter. I'd have more power, better mileage, better riding, more comfortable, safer, quieter vehicle..

However I wanted a vehicle to get me where I wanted. Rubicon it is. If you don't enjoy everything that makes a Wrangler a Wrangler, it's a fairly crappy choice. Luckily I'm one of many crazies on this forum that love it.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Jedi

1) Consumer Reports is not an objective source of anything;
2) Comparing the Wrangler to a bunch of road cars is like comparing a big breasted nun to Pam Anderson (sure, it seems like they are generally the same, but the intended use of each is waaaay different);
3) What 'Cuda said above.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM
JK Junkie

This is a perfect example of the old saying "consider the source".

First, these publications are looking for a story so they will search for the right data to substantiate a bad story, since we the consumers seem to prefer reading about disasters than accomplishments.

Second, CR really tends to have a point of view directed at those that know nothing or close to it about a specific set of products. In this case, if you just looking for a typical SUV for family activities, should you buy a JK, and H2 or Toyota Forerunner? I personally wouldn't follow CR's advice in choosing a handle for a toilet flusher because they are so mundane and narrow minded.

Finally the JK volume sales qualify it to compete against typical road SUVs, many of which probably do offer a more comfortable ride and suffer fewer broken axles. Much of the data comes from owner surveys, and with sales growth of JKs comes a new generation of Jeep owners that don't understand "it's just a Jeep thing". And they may be right in general terms, but Jeep owners have always had to make concessions.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:41 PM
JK Super Freak

They base so much of their rating on fit and finish of a vehicle. Jeeps with removable roof panels and doors just don't cut it in their eyes. Let alone a vehicle that is prone to leaks. Add in a "rough ride" and poor road manners and we are out.

Did I mention I love my Jeep?

Quick Reply: Why does Consumer Reports rank the Wrangler SO LOW????