Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why Jeepers are the best people on Earth

Old 06-30-2009, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why Jeepers are the best people on Earth

It's official, people who own a Jeep are more than kind; they're genuine.

Get this (It's worth the read)...

I'm driving home from work, and stuck in the fast line of the highway overpass on a main road with its hazard lights on is an old dodge ram pick up that totally died. The lady in it was obviously stressed because she was blocking half a major - two lane - road and there were no cops or anybody to help her out.

So, I bypassed traffic and stopped my Jeep in front of her busted pick-up despite the flow of cars and told her I'd be back in about 10 minutes with my chains and that I would pull her off the road.

Well, 10 minutes or so later as I'm driving back with my gear to help her out another Jeeper (TJ) is already with her doing exactly what I was about to do: attaching his bulky chains from his aftermarket rear bumper's d-ring mounts and to her tow hooks to pull her off the road.

It just amazed me how of all the trucks and people on this busy road, the few who helped this lady out in the middle of a main road were Jeepers who did not know her and did not care about the swarms of cars honking as they drove past because we knew this lady needed help. It was just amazing because even the TJer, when I pulled up in my JK even said, "It's a Jeep thing, people wouldn't understand," and we chuckled and I let him finish helping the lady out as he was just about done securing the chains and all.

So, I just wanted to share this story with everyone because as corny as I may sound in the next few words I truly believe that the Jeep community is truly something else that words cannot explain.

Thank You!
Old 06-30-2009, 03:05 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 165 Likes on 143 Posts

Keep in mind, you probably wouldn't want most of the people who passed by, to render help anyway. They may have caused a major pile-up.
Jeepers tend to be more familiar with such situations. It's still a dangerous thing to do, though.
Old 06-30-2009, 03:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Jeepers are the best!

I have to agree, Jeepers are a great bunch, I have been around you guys and gals a while and almost everyone is awsome! I have had a Harley for 30 years also, and most of those guys will go out of their way to help folks too!!! Cudos...
Old 06-30-2009, 04:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

it is true..we tend to try to lend a hand where ever we can...it is a jeep thing and we need to keep it going...lock and crawl...
Old 06-30-2009, 06:11 PM
JK Freak

awesome good to hear of good deeds

Quick Reply: Why Jeepers are the best people on Earth