Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why are jeeps so addicting

Old 02-23-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkerr
The success of the Jeep Wrangler is due to the fact that it can be a perfectly fine vehicle for someone that only goes to the grocery store or it can transform into a rock crawling breast. All JK's may have been virtually identical when they left the factory, but they have the potential to be transformed into something as unique as their owner. Not many vehicles have the flexibility to completely change their mission from a mall crawler to a rock crawler.

Sports Cars can be made to go faster or stop faster, but they are still a sports car. Pickup trucks can be put on tall suspension, but they are still a pickup truck. A JK can transform into a rock crawler, a military vehicle, a chopped low rider, a convertible, a hopped up boom box or anything we can imagine.

We shape our rigs into a reflection of who we are. I love my JK and am damn proud to be a part of this community.
that's it right there...
Old 02-23-2011, 05:06 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Next!

Since my modded 2008 has 83k miles and a more powerful engine will (allegedly) be available next year, I will probably be trading for a 2012. And I'm already planning the mods I going to do to it.

2008 Rubicon 2 door
6 speed
Freedom Top
AEV 3.5 lift
35" Kevlars
ARB front bumper
RR 10.5k winch w/synthetic line
RR XHD rear bumper w/tire carrier
IPF 968 100w driving lights
Superchip
More
Old 02-26-2011, 10:32 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

or it can transform into a rock crawling breast.
Oh my...do I need a mod? My breasts don't rock crawl!! Crap!
Old 02-27-2011, 03:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

oops! Guess you now know my two passions -- Jeeps and Breasts
And yes, Breasts can be modded
Old 02-27-2011, 05:40 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by boboborino
Nice!!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:47 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by boboborino
They can be lifted or lowered, aired down or pumped up, lifted and separated (remember the commercial) and tweeked for fun...and you can do all that to your jeep too!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

I have a theory that's it's because many guys have always wanted to restore a car (me included), but don't have the skill, patience, money, etc. To do it. Modding a Jeep is for the most part bolt on, relatively inexpensive, and readily available. This makes it accessible to many more people. Add to that a community that supports and encourages you and you've got your crack addiction. Own a Jeep and you're in the club. Mod a Jeep and you're envied. Just my
Old 02-27-2011, 06:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Goeagles88
I have a theory that's it's because many guys have always wanted to restore a car (me included), but don't have the skill, patience, money, etc. To do it. Modding a Jeep is for the most part bolt on, relatively inexpensive, and readily available. This makes it accessible to many more people. Add to that a community that supports and encourages you and you've got your crack addiction. Own a Jeep and you're in the club. Mod a Jeep and you're envied. Just my
I like that.
I've got a car that I would love to restore but haven't due to the reasons listed. The Jeep on the other hand, I can screw with all day.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Newbie

Usually while I am installing my latest part I have a few beers, (sometimes more than a few and I have to finish the installation the next day) so I see it as another reason to drink beer. I personally would rather be improving my vehicle then going out to bars or clubs.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

it really is an addiction im serious i cant stop buying things for my jeep. And i cant stop looking for things to buy for the jeep. Then i think of ways to buy this stuff and not get in trouble for spending more money. good lord i need help!!

Quick Reply: Why are jeeps so addicting