Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why a Rubicon?????

Old 07-08-2008, 11:47 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why a Rubicon?????

If everyone plans on upgrading and completely changing the jeep why even pay the extra money for a rubicon????? Almost everyone i see has lifted and regeared with bigger tires and the aftermarket makes swaybar disconnects so why pay all that extra money??? wouldnt you just be paying for stickers? Or am i missing something????
Old 07-08-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Freak

its a jeep thing you wouldnt understand
Old 07-08-2008, 11:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/flip-side-any-rubicon-owners-regret-not-getting-x-33313/

Search is your friend. But hey...I'm one more post closer to "Enthusiast"
Old 07-08-2008, 11:57 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by greenmachine07
its a jeep thing you wouldnt understand
hahah funny you say that but i have 2 jeeps now and am looking at my 3rd hopefully 08 4dr
Old 07-08-2008, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dlock314
If everyone plans on upgrading and completely changing the jeep why even pay the extra money for a rubicon????? Almost everyone i see has lifted and regeared with bigger tires and the aftermarket makes swaybar disconnects so why pay all that extra money??? wouldnt you just be paying for stickers? Or am i missing something????

Yep: its a jeep thing and you're missing the finer points-- the rubicon ALREADY HAS electric disco's...and has the Beefier front axle (dana 44 instead of the Dana 30), tru lock instead of trac-lok and the better/lower transfer case........... Also already has the runners (not steps like the Sahara) that actually DO protect......... and more.

I thought/wondered the same until I began digging and THAT is why I went with a rubicon: I dont mind adding a lift or changing a bumper-- but I hope/pray it'll be a LONNNNNNNNNNNg time before I need to an axel swap: so why not go better/best the first shot out the gate..........
Old 07-08-2008, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

I got my Rubicon because it had everything I wanted already on it and then some. It has a moderate lift, nice meaty off-road tires, elec disco's, elec lockers, the rearend gears I wanted and I didn't run into any of the issues of ESP or speedo problems putting on larger tires and a lift.

On my last Jeep I spent thousands of dollars trying to cure death wobble after I lifted it. This time I can leave it alone at the factory specs and be happy and I don't have to worry about voiding any of the warranty.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default 99 percent of the jeepers...

are not on this site. And 60 percent do not do all these upgrades or mods. Don't ask me for where I got my percentages from though....LOL
Old 07-08-2008, 12:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

65% of statistics are false...according to 3 out 5 Statisticians surveyed.
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Newbie

All good points, i guess when i look at the whole situation though i figured on gettin the X type which i could prolly get out the door for $24,000 and then go with higher quality parts and i am familiar with doing most of the work myself so no labor so why not do the build up like that and put $7,000 worth of after market parts in and be at the MSRP of a Rubicon....ya feel me?
Old 07-08-2008, 12:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

The warranty issues are a big deal for me and getting all the Rubicon stuff in the stock package makes it all that much easier to keep the lifetime warranty and no arguement about mods.

Quick Reply: Why a Rubicon?????