Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Why the Unlimited

Old 10-14-2008, 06:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cuz it's bigger.

I had a friend ask me "why not just get a cherokee?"

I replied "It's a pain in the a** to take the doors and roof off cherokees."
Old 10-14-2008, 07:32 AM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I chose my Rubicon (not an Unlimited), because to me it epitomizes what a Jeep is. I'm not really knocking the Unlimited, because they're plenty capable. They're just not for me.

My problem with the Unlimited is probably not related to anyone on this board (I hope). Chrysler just put out a survey (mentioned in JK Talk as well as the rumors forum) that talked about leather seats, windshield folding, and ability to be exposed to the elements. They're trying to determine what Jeep owners want in their vehicles. I think it's obvious that the reason that they're asking some of these questions is that the demographic changed and may change their future design decisions. The demographic has changed, because of the Unlimited models.
Old 10-14-2008, 07:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This Jeep number 5 for me, and this time with a baby on the way I wanted something with plenty of room to carry all our stuff when travelling, so I went with the 4 door. It's very practical, yet it's still a Jeep. That's what I love most about it. Sure I could have bought a Libby or WK to meet my other needs, but it wouldn't have a removable door or tops. My wife said I was always unhappiest the 6 motnhs I didn't own a Jeep, so she pushed me towards the 4 door as the do all vehicle for us.
Old 10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
JK Super Freak

I love the way they look when they are jacked up. I dont really need all the room but it helps having it
Old 10-14-2008, 08:30 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Strong Bad
I know I am going to probably make somebody mad, but that is not my intent.

I have to ask, why did you decided to go with the Unlimited? I know there is more room, but other than Soccer Moms, how much room do you really need?

They just don't look right to me. Is there an advantage to the longer wheel base that I don't know about?
1) I frequently camp and use the space for guns, gear, supplies, high explosives, etc. Plus i sleep in the back on camping expeditions
2) I sleep in the back on camping expeditions
3) I am "the guy that drives" when we go out with friends
4) I have a good size dog
5) I keep my emergency supplies and recovery gear there at all times
6) Unlimiteds are better than two doors (limited?)... did I say that?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:51 AM
JK Freak

Default To get gear to the mountain!

I'm a big time snowboarder and I couldn't fit boards, bags, gear, etc in a 2 door for all the traveling I do.

I love my Unlimited!
Old 10-14-2008, 09:13 AM
J2H
JK Enthusiast

I dont need 4 doors, just me, the Girlfriend (my exwife hates jeeps), and her two small dogs. My girlfriend is buying a TJ, but if she did get a JK, shed get an Unlimited Rubi... odd Lol

Last edited by J2H; 10-14-2008 at 09:16 AM. Reason: add
Old 10-14-2008, 09:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

Family of a bunch (depending on the day of the week, up to 2 grandchildren and 4 kids) means I have to be able to haul folks. We could take the seven passenger volvo, but I likes my JK!!

I would not have bought one had there not been a four door and probably would be driving a (gulp) H3.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

A large reason we wanted to upgrade our vehicle from a small(ish) car was to be able to go camping, haul bikes, etc.

My wife and I went to the dealer with the intention of buying a 2dr... but after looking at the cargo room, we realized we had to go with a 4dr simply because it can hold far more stuff.
Old 10-14-2008, 09:44 AM
JK Freak

simply cuz it's UNLIMITED

Quick Reply: Why the Unlimited