Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wife's gonna murder me...

Old 03-23-2011, 06:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wife's gonna murder me...

...so the weather has been awesome down here in FLA, and I decided to pull the doors off. Except they were stuff, so I read on here that using my Hi-Lift with a block of wood can jack the doors up and off. Worked for the first two. Then I got to the rear passenger door and as I'm jacking up the door, I fail to see that the Jeep itself was also raising...I was lifting slowly so as to avoid a sudden pop out...well the "stick" popped and the Jeep dropped...and the door.

Glass is intact, but there's massive chipping on the door edge to bare metal and it appears the metal buckled. Anyone know if Jeep sells single doors...and how much it'll cost me?
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yeah - they're all off now...but @$#%!!! I feel like I'm always doing something without thinking with this damn Jeep. ha...get all excited and buy something or cut something or whatever from ideas on this site, then look back and go...shoot...I could've done that cheaper or smarter. ha. In this case, I could've just asked my wife to help me...but I'm a dumbass.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check ebay or craigslist. You might get lucky.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
JK Freak

way to go dumbass (hey you said it, not me)

Laugh it off and call it "adding character"
Old 03-23-2011, 06:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default bright side

Look at the bright side, your wife can buy all new doors with your life insurance payoff.
Old 03-23-2011, 06:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Try the local junk yard
Old 03-23-2011, 07:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jnjcamp11
Look at the bright side, your wife can buy all new doors with your life insurance payoff.
I lol'd loud while in my accounting 2 class mid lecture. Everyone looked. Too funny.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:50 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A good body guy can fix that cheaper than a door. Even if he couldn't, he can get you a used door from a body shop parts locator cheaper than a pair of factory doors. All body shops have the locator web site on there computers. They use them to get used parts that are approved by insurance companies for insurance jobs..... There cheaper and therefor they make more profit.

You could always get the rugged ridge half doors.... North ridge just got a bunch.... I think there under a grand....
Old 03-24-2011, 04:49 AM
JK Enthusiast

You're all good. Since it's spring, just get some or-fab doors and roll that way until fall. That will give you time to transfer your money offshore and escape to the Caymans.
Old 03-24-2011, 07:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Appreciate the replies and advice guys. I'll try the body shop idea first, then i'm thinking maybe bedline the doors in worst case. Then she'll never know. Ha

Glad i could entertain you other fellas, ha.

Quick Reply: Wife's gonna murder me...