Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wild Boar Fastback Door Rattle

Old 03-09-2012, 04:47 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wild Boar Fastback Door Rattle

I love my Wild Boar Fastback hardtop. I love the look. I love the dual sunroofs. I need the security of the hard top. Mostly, I love that there are very few of them on he road. However, the doors rattle ever since it was installed. Has anyone encountered this and found a fix.
Old 03-09-2012, 06:36 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeep MD
I love my Wild Boar Fastback hardtop. I love the look. I love the dual sunroofs. I need the security of the hard top. Mostly, I love that there are very few of them on he road. However, the doors rattle ever since it was installed. Has anyone encountered this and found a fix.
Few things you could try.

Check out the bushings in your door hinges, if they are corroded and rusted out pick up a set of new ones from Magnitude Engineering.

Others with door rattles have covered their door latches with electrical tape to help avoid that metal on metal rattle and tighten the fit.

If neither of these work you could just adjust your door hingles by loosening the bolts in your jeep body and moving them up/down etc until fit is right.
Old 03-10-2012, 05:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestions.
I'm sure my bushings are good. It's a 2012 with 4k miles.
I'll try the electrical tape today. It is definitely a metal on metal rattle. I couldn't figure out what exactly was rattling given that the doors are completely surrounded by rubber seals. The latch makes the most sense as the source of the noise. This may be the fix I need, although semi-permanent.
That said, the doors and rubber seals fit tighter than without the top. They require extra force to swing closed and sometimes a couple tries in order to get the dome lights to go out. So, if the tape (the easy fix) doesn't solve it or if the doors are rendered unclose-able, then I'll adjust the hinges. I have resisted trying this so far as it is brand new.
I'll post my results...

Quick Reply: Wild Boar Fastback Door Rattle