Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Winch Help!

Old 03-01-2011, 01:42 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check out Titan winch
Old 03-01-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sringer
Wow. Thanks everyone for the posts about Smitty. I was going to get the xrc8 with synthetic....but after hearing that it died in the 4th pull or even 2nd pull...I'd say warn is the way to go.
Again, I am loving my Superwinch. It has kept up with Warns and its build quality is good (The Smitty is cheap plastic and the controller is all plastic parts)

I know my Superwinch is !5%-20% cheaper than a Warn and thus far it has held up as well as the Warns I have wheeled with. I like the Warn product, but man are they expensive.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:24 AM
JK Newbie

Default Titan winches

I am looking at winches for myself. I have a smittybuilt front bumper and I am looking at the titan winch with compressor. Any one have experience with these? I can't find a ton of info but for the price it seems great.

Thanks
Old 05-26-2011, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have a Recon winch. It seems to work great and I have yet to hear/read a bad review of them. I have not had to pull anyone out with mine yet so I can't really speak from personal experience. I feel the are inexpensive because they are new to the market. It feel well constructed. I recommend it.

I have seen several smittybuilts in action. They seem to work well too. Although the Recon has a faster spool rate. I know a lot of people who are using these and none have had issues. That being said, there have been numerous reports on this site of the smittybuilts failing.
Old 05-26-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Enthusiast

If you haven't got a winch yet. Then PM Gus from ORW. He will hook you put with a great deal

Quick Reply: Winch Help!