Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Wind noise through windshield?

Old 05-05-2012, 08:58 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wind noise through windshield?

So I have a new 2012 Sahara JKU, hard top. If I go over 40mph or so it sounds like a window is cracked open right at the front on the passenger side? My previous Jeep was an '04 Rubi soft top (so I know a bit about noise!) and my wife has an '11 Sahara JKU (which doesn't make any such noise). I know it's a jeep but it's really annoying. Above 70 and good luck with a conversation with anyone in the back.

Anyone know of any issues that could point to a remedy? I had a guy at the dealership look at it but after taking it for a spin he said he didn't hear anything (?!!) I've reset the top but no dice.

I'm going back to the dealer this week and will go with them on a drive this time but am wondering if you guys know anything...

Thx.
Old 05-05-2012, 09:36 PM
JK Newbie

Not sure what thread I read it on but someone had a similar issue and tightened the bolts that are accessible from the top of the dash and it fixed the problem.
Old 05-06-2012, 04:56 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by AgentK
Not sure what thread I read it on but someone had a similar issue and tightened the bolts that are accessible from the top of the dash and it fixed the problem.
You mean the bolts visible in the two large cutaways on either side of the support frame? I'll take a look. Thx.
Old 05-06-2012, 07:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check the rubber door seal on your doors. I found my passenger door seal had come out of the track and it sounded like a windshield leak. It pops back in easily.

Quick Reply: Wind noise through windshield?