JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion

JK-Forum.com - The top destination for Jeep JK and JL Wrangler news, rumors, and discussion (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/)
-   JK Talk (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/)
-   -   Windshield wipers (https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-talk-26/windshield-wipers-292501/)

Jersey_Devil 12-19-2013 05:29 AM

I also use bosch icon blades and they work GREAT! Best wiper I've ever bought! Lol I screwed myself on my first pair I got and after spending iver $40 for stinking wipers I installed a 50" light bar and the factory size wipers hit it. I'm currently running 12 " wipers (still bosch icons)

Sent from my obama monitoring device

Blkhwk976 01-18-2014 06:38 PM

Skip the Scurbblades, have had them for about nine months, not worth the price IMHO

TJM12 01-18-2014 06:50 PM

I've been using rain x latitudes for years now and they are an excellent wiper for the money.

Acer343 01-18-2014 06:57 PM

Where can I find a rear wiper blade

BIGB0Y 01-18-2014 07:17 PM

AQUAPEL!!! Same stuff they use on planes that don't have wipers. With this stuff you only need wipers in very heavy rain. I can drive down the freeway with light rain and not even hit the wipers. Just picked up a 6 pack on Amazon for $24. It's cheap and lasts about 6 months. Really only need to do once a year.

Hogghead 01-18-2014 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Grimmjpr (Post 3786555)
Ive had really good luck with the Trico Force from Orilieys auto parts. Usually can go almost a year before they start to get crappy. Most others ive tried would go only a few months before chattering and streaking....

I just bought those today on sale for $12 a piece and put some on the wife's liberty. They was better than the junk stock for sure. The only real problem I noticed with the wrangler is the wipers sit to low on the windshield to stay in a warm spot to keep from icing up the blade when it's really cold. Aside from that it'll plow through as much snow as I make it.

Thorrrrrr 01-21-2014 03:51 PM

Originally Posted by Hogghead (Post 3813520)
The only real problem I noticed with the wrangler is the wipers sit to low on the windshield to stay in a warm spot to keep from icing up the blade when it's really cold. Aside from that it'll plow through as much snow as I make it.

I noticed that today in this snowstorm we're having. Had a pile of ice building up on the driver's side, on the bottom while the center of the windshield was just a slushy mess. I wonder if running the defroster at full blast would make a difference?

I have a set of PIAA Super Silicones on my MINI Cooper that are outrageously good - haven't had to Rain-X that windscreen in a year and a half. Doesn't look like they make them for a JK, though... :sad2:

crusaderJK 01-21-2014 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Thorrrrrr (Post 3816065)
I noticed that today in this snowstorm we're having. Had a pile of ice building up on the driver's side, on the bottom while the center of the windshield was just a slushy mess. I wonder if running the defroster at full blast would make a difference?

I have a set of PIAA Super Silicones on my MINI Cooper that are outrageously good - haven't had to Rain-X that windscreen in a year and a half. Doesn't look like they make them for a JK, though... :sad2:

There you go...

I went with Trico Neoform and so far I'm happy with 'em.

big c 01-21-2014 06:03 PM

I have a hard time with wiper blades because they hit my windshield banner ( I think ) or they just suck. I went and got the icons and they are real streaky and Chattery. My old $8 ones worked great loved them. Also I do polish and clean the glass as well as use a good silicone lub on the wiper blades ( anyways helps )

Thorrrrrr 01-22-2014 05:08 AM

Originally Posted by crusaderJK (Post 3816076)
There you go...

I went with Trico Neoform and so far I'm happy with 'em.

Hey thanks! From some of the other posts, I thought the fronts were 13".... Thanks for the link - ordered the PIAA's since they've been good to me on the MINI.