Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Winter Chill Pearlcoat... Only for the Arctic Edition???

Old 01-05-2012, 11:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lonestarnation
I've seen a number of winter chills on lots in TX. The color looks fine, but I wish it was closer to a bluish silver (similar to silver ferraris). The light blue gets washed out by the black trim, which kinda defeats the color. Kinda hate that big black area on the hood, so I'm assuming that won't be on the other models when winter chill gets released on those.
That is only in the midday sun, if you ever see one with an overcast day or at night, the blue pops. Kind of a neat effect.
Here is a better example

Also if you dont like the hood decal you could always take it off, or just swich out to a AEV hood which looks great with that color.

Last edited by WhosUrBuddiee; 01-05-2012 at 11:42 AM.
Old 01-05-2012, 05:52 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm planning to upgrade my JK with one of the AEV JK packages straight from the factory, so consider the hood done. I just need a base color, and I don't have a single blue or tan to choose from. Sucks but I'm sure they'll add colors mid year such as winter chill.
Old 01-05-2012, 06:03 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by lonestarnation
I am sure they have an alternate plan if they are truly discontinuing winter chill after 2 months. !!! The current jeep colors have to be some of the most limited in the history of jeep. 2 oranges and 2 reds, no blues (if winter chill dropped), no brown/tan, 1 green. That's ridiculous. I'm in the market for a blue or tan, and I would be shocked if nothing were available in a few months. That would be terrible marketing on jeep's part.
I agree. The current color selection is terrible.
Old 01-05-2012, 11:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fuzzy™
I miss Sahara Tan
Are they still making the tans?
Old 01-06-2012, 04:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mos11b
Are they still making the tans?
Nope just 2011. It was such a stunning color.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:44 AM
JK Newbie

My current 03 TJ is a khaki - one of my fav colors of all time. I've been watching the JK colors knowing that I was going to get one as soon as they dropped the pentastar in there. Then they go and drop the tan and all the blues. I mean WTF chrysler. Get your heads out of your rears.
Old 01-06-2012, 07:59 AM
JK Newbie

As soon as they offer the winter Chill in a rubicon package, I'll jump in. Heck if they would offer a tan, od green or a grey I
would order one. Really don't understand the 2 reds and 2 orange logic.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:15 AM
JK Freak

I have seen winter chill in person....it is too soft of a blue for me. But I would never go for one of the sorta silly packages like the arctic psckage anyhow but if i did i would get the white color and ditch the stickers. The winter chill is not a "fun" as cosmos blue but looks way better than deepwater blue though.

I would like to see steel blue again.... The best blue on a jeep to date IMHO.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by B.S.
I have seen winter chill in person....it is too soft of a blue for me. But I would never go for one of the sorta silly packages like the arctic psckage anyhow but if i did i would get the white color and ditch the stickers. The winter chill is not a "fun" as cosmos blue but looks way better than deepwater blue though.

I would like to see steel blue again.... The best blue on a jeep to date IMHO.
Oh but i forgot to say i prob would consider the color without the arctic pkg though.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:53 AM
JK Newbie

BS - couldn't agree more re: Steel Blue. A silvery blue is the best color of all time, IMHO. That's the closest Jeep has ever come to the blueish silver on the Ferarri 308 GTS:

Pic

Last edited by lonestarnation; 01-06-2012 at 10:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Winter Chill Pearlcoat... Only for the Arctic Edition???