Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Winter Chill Pearlcoat... Only for the Arctic Edition???

Old 01-08-2012, 03:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IIWorlds
What do you guys/gals think about the Gecko Pearl. Production is supposed to start Jan 24th.
Would have loved that color if I could have ordered one, especially with tan leather!
Old 01-08-2012, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOVA2012JK

I'm just going off what they told him. If someone wants to try a random color that ends up not being a wrangler color any time soon go try it is all I'm saying. But I've never seen another 2011 that color, and they told him theyd do any color from any of their makes.
You're saying you've never seen another 2011 in deep cherry red pearl? I have one in my garage.

Or go to Jeep.com and build one in that color right now. Just saying, a manufacturer is not going to build a vehicle in any color you want. Now if you have some serious money, like Warren Buffet, I'm sure you could work something out to have a custom one painted in the factory, but you would have to front some serious cash

Last edited by Fiveofun; 01-08-2012 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-08-2012, 03:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Fiveofun

You're saying you've never seen another 2011 in deep cherry red pearl? I have one in my garage.

Or go to Jeep.com and build one in that color right now. Just saying, a manufacturer is not going to build a vehicle in any color you want. Now if you have some serious money, like Warren Buffet, I'm sure you could work something out to have a custom one painted in the factory, but you would have to front some serious cash
Yeah, i was saying ive seen them in "deep cherry red" but not "deep cherry red crystal pearl coat", which they brought from Ram to jeep in 2012. If youve got one than maybe that backs up the stance that the dealership knew they were producing them at the time rather than actually sharing colors between makes. if so maybe he was told wrong but either way it makes no difference to me. Just thought id share our experience with everyone. I never thought people would try to call BS so much on this really, if you think it's worth a shot try it at your dealer and le me know ours was lying.

Like I said through out the whole thread, I'm just sharing my experiences.
Old 01-08-2012, 04:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NOVA2012JK
Yeah, i was saying ive seen them in "deep cherry red" but not "deep cherry red crystal pearl coat", which they brought from Ram to jeep in 2012. If youve got one than maybe that backs up the stance that the dealership knew they were producing them at the time rather than actually sharing colors between makes. if so maybe he was told wrong but either way it makes no difference to me. Just thought id share our experience with everyone. I never thought people would try to call BS so much on this really, if you think it's worth a shot try it at your dealer and le me know ours was lying.

Like I said through out the whole thread, I'm just sharing my experiences.
Gotcha, understand. Yeah, mine says its a pearl coat on the window sticker. Wasn't my choice of colors, just what was left for the 2011's and a Rubicon. It is a nice red though.

Some people think you can request different gears and such (like 4.88 or 5.13) when ordering a vehicle, and that just isn't true.
Old 01-09-2012, 02:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WhosUrBuddiee

Nope just 2011. It was such a stunning color.
I have a 2012 tan rubicon... But I think it's very limited. I've only seen a handful of tan 2012's

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1838639473.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	261873
Old 01-09-2012, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

2012 Sahara Tan Sport here, love it! Anyone know how to find out how many they produced? My dealer told me after they tracked this one down in SC (I'm in FL) that they only made 500 in the Sport with 3:73 gears. Just wondering if that was true.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-829570357.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	261927   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3423501463.jpg
Views:	90
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	261928  

Quick Reply: Winter Chill Pearlcoat... Only for the Arctic Edition???