Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF!!! JK order

Old 01-25-2007, 03:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF!!! JK order

I ordered my JK end of Nov, so I am expecting it arounf Feb. nop problem, but I just heard that there is some restriction order for the sway bar disco's. I ordered a rubi. They don't have enough supply and won't be getting anymore till mid feb. This sucks and will delay many orders for sure.

Another thing I heard and concerned about is my deal. I think I got a pretty good deal and was told some dealerships will hook you in, to get you out of the market and later not fullfill the deal. This pretty low and I hope this is not the case.

Also I have a lease which is due and was trying to time the jk purchase when I give up my lease. I hope everything works out or else I'll be driving my family in my TJ.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:41 PM
JK Super Freak

If you ordered a Rubicon at the end of November, end of February may be wishful thinking, unless your dealer has allocation up.

Some of us that ordered in early October, and even late September are still waiting on Rubicons.
Old 01-25-2007, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I'm up here in Canada, so our market is a little smaller than the US. We're allocated around 500 compared to 2000/month. The US is definately getting most of the production. This is starting to suck!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:11 PM
JK Newbie

jkmon, I'm in the Niagara region and ordered my Sahara November 7. I called around to different dealerships in Hamilton and Toronto and was able to find one just like the one I ordered so I picked it up last Saturday and cancelled my original order. An interesting note....Sales manager at one of the dealerships told me that more cars are sold in the state of California than in all of Canada in one year. (population of Canada about 10 million more than California)
Cheers!
Old 01-25-2007, 04:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Might have to do that. I'm going to check with my dealership, only problem is the deal I got. Not sure if I'm going to get the same deal with anyone else. They all say I have to pay whats on the window. Ya right! as if I'm going to do that.
Old 01-25-2007, 04:55 PM
JK Newbie

I told them exactly what was going on, didn't hide anything. I got the Sahara at invoice through a program at work. Just tell them you have one on order but would buy one on the spot if you could find one. You might find one that has a couple of different options but as long as it's close and the price isn't too far from what you're willing to pay. Good Luck!
Old 01-25-2007, 05:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Will try thanks
Old 01-25-2007, 11:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you end up keeping your order, start the financing so they can't back out on the deal you got or at least have it in writing and signed by the sales manager.
Old 01-26-2007, 07:36 AM
TEV
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is it true that bigger dealerships get more allocations than smaller ones?

This is what I was told when I ordered my rubi.
Old 01-26-2007, 10:21 AM
JK Newbie

Yes, that's true. Nothing wrong with dealing with a small dealership but expect to wait a while for anything in high demand.

Quick Reply: WTF!!! JK order