Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF Motor Trend: SUV of the Year Slam

Old 10-28-2011, 08:58 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dozer12
Totally, almost comically old school. Do two solid axles even count as a viable technology in the age of Twitter-powered Middle Eastern revolutions? Isn’t that more of a novelty? Case in point: associate editor Scott Evans and I ran to the hardware store to buy some hex-wrenches and discovered that with a little practice, we could get both doors off and leaned against a wall in about three minutes.

Yes friends, in the age of multiple airbags and Federally mandated traction control, you can still unbolt the Wrangler’s doors and fold down the windshield. Sure, they stuck a new engine and transmission in her, but that just moves the Wrangler from Mesozoic to Cenozoic.
Some people just don't get it. I bet this guy liked "NEW" Coke when it came out too.

I apologize for those of you too young to remember the new coke/ classic coke debate. ht tp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Coke
Old 10-28-2011, 05:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So some dork at Motor Trend doesn't like the JK. Take his opinion for what it is worth, nothing, and keep on driving. He is more concerned with tech goodies than solid axle, ladder-frame off road capability. Even calling the JK a SUV makes me cringe. It is a JEEP, plain and simple. And if soccer moms want to buy JKs, 4 Runners and Pathfinders, let them. Encourage them to stay on the pavement. Encourage them to baby and wax and pamper their pavement-bound machines. Why? Because when they are done with them and trade them in 3 years from now, there are going to be some very sweet used JKs on the lots for people to pick up, mod, and enjoy the hell out of. Rant over.
Old 10-28-2011, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've had many vehicles , a modded jeep always get compliments from people starring at it, happened again today. today the wranglar looks this way, tomorrow it will look different. What other vehicle can do that kind of transformation. The heck with motor trend.

Quick Reply: WTF Motor Trend: SUV of the Year Slam