Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

WTF should I do....

Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

beta-pg See post #30 on your first thread, I posted the damned thing in the wrong spot. Remember- calm rational discussion with them is the BEST course of action.... Unfortunately in your situation they are the only game in town, I wouldn't burn my bridges... You will probably have to go to them for something in the future.
Old 05-29-2008, 06:28 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see way too many people say stuff like "attorney will cost this and that".

I don't know where you find your attorneys, but i know at least 3 that will not charge a dime unless they win the case.

Just go to attorney you know, and tell them about your problem, and if he thinks that its a loose-loose situation, then just pay the money and forget about it.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

I got a call back today from the owner... well the regional service rep wouldn't do anything! But the owner did call back and left a message for me to call them and see what we can workout. I have no intention of gettin' an attorney involved... for 1200 bucks... My lawyer doesn't get outta bed for 1200 bucks lol. Nah, I have studied negotiations and tactics on several occasions as part of my Masters in Project Management... so now to practice those skills... lol.

I am pretty sure I'm gonna be trading off this rig the same day I drive it away form them. This is a one show town with regards to dealers... next closest dealer is 450km away! Will keep everyone posted.
Old 05-29-2008, 08:40 PM
JK Freak

What a mess. I hate to see you give up your JK over a shitty dealer and I hope the news from the dealer is good. Sounds like to me you've been more than reasonable. I've found some dealers trip over pennies to get to dollars and don't look at the long term ramifications poor customer service has on their business. Just look at all the free advertising they would've received through treating you right and gaining your good will. I admire your patience. I will also say it's easy to be critical of a dealer but sometimes they earn our angst by their own stupidity and lack of follow through.
Old 05-30-2008, 07:11 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well, the owner of the dealership did call me last evening and gave me his personal cell phone number to call so we could get it sorted out! I'll be calling in an hour or so... hopefully we can get something worked!
Old 05-30-2008, 09:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess since you plan on doing your own negotiating might I make a suggestion.

Since they did the work without your approval, offer to pay for the parts but insist that they cover the labor. At least you still have the parts on your Jeep.

Of course you can go the other way and pay for the labor and have them cover the parts. A little compromise may do the trick.

Good luck.
Old 05-30-2008, 09:52 AM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

It all boils down to how badly you want your Jeep back. If you want it back quickly, pay for it yourself and hope you can get reimbursement later. If you don't care when you get it back....then yeah...hire a lawyer and gum the hell up out of the entire works. That's what they get paid to do. If it was me, I would fix the Jeep NOW and hire the attorney later to get my money back. It's your call.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

No offense to any lawyers that may be present... but I see a lawyer only half a step above gettin' violent with them... (thats my other hobby... MMA. Just got a blue belt in the Miletich Fighting System...anyway). Just not my nature to do it. I would much rather come to an amicable resolution to this issue.

What the outcome is really determines what my Jeepin' future will be. I'm simply going to ask him how badly does he wish to keep me as a customer and work from there.
Old 05-30-2008, 12:34 PM
JK Freak

I had a similar problem last summer with mine. My trac bar bracket broke and since it was lifted the d/c didn't want to turn it in on warranty, cuz they thought it would be rejected. They wanted me to pay, I said it was only 3 months old and I wasn't paying jack. After they had a 4wd expert(4wp tech) come in and look at it to prove whos fault it was they decided to cover it out of pocket. My jeep sat at there lot for 3 and a half weeks, talk about for ever!

I hope everything works out for you! Just be respectful, and everything will play out good. Dealers dont want much negativity fallowing them, so they will try to keep their returning customers happy!
Old 05-30-2008, 01:13 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Beta-pg
No offense to any lawyers that may be present... but I see a lawyer only half a step above gettin' violent with them... (thats my other hobby... MMA. Just got a blue belt in the Miletich Fighting System...anyway). Just not my nature to do it. I would much rather come to an amicable resolution to this issue.

What the outcome is really determines what my Jeepin' future will be. I'm simply going to ask him how badly does he wish to keep me as a customer and work from there.
...and I agree wholeheartedly. BUT, if you do pay for the repairs first, you are almost gauranteeing that you will have to hire a lawyer later to recoup. I just can't see the dealer forkin it over that easy. Stranger things have happened, though.

Quick Reply: WTF should I do....