Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

www.4wd.com

Old 11-09-2007, 07:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4WD Hardware used to be the best place around for Jeep stuff. They had a wide selection of products when there weren't that many other competitors. They used to blow Quadratec and the others away for selection and customer service. Unfortunately they grew drastically and were bought out by 4 Wheel Parts (I hate those guys) and from what everyone says, their customer service has suffered. Besides that, their website search SUCKS! I used to buy all of my parts from them but now I won't even consider them. Since you are close by it may be a different story. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2007, 07:57 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree that the web site could use some improvement, but otherwise I've had only good experience in ordering from them, about 3 or 4 times now.
Old 11-13-2007, 08:09 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by Renegade
4WD Hardware used to be the best place around for Jeep stuff. They had a wide selection of products when there weren't that many other competitors. They used to blow Quadratec and the others away for selection and customer service. Unfortunately they grew drastically and were bought out by 4 Wheel Parts (I hate those guys) and from what everyone says, their customer service has suffered. Besides that, their website search SUCKS! I used to buy all of my parts from them but now I won't even consider them. Since you are close by it may be a different story. Good luck.
4 wheel parts did not buy 4wd.com..

TAP who owns 4wheel parts bought 4wd.com.

4WD Hardware has one store front and that is in Columbiana Ohio, about 2 miles from my house.

4wheel parts does not equal 4wd Hardware.

4wd.com and 4wheel parts are sister companies.

Btw 4wd.com has changed there search, its very good now. Not that I need to use it, I go straight to the store.
Old 11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I used to order from them a lot years ago when I had my 83 CJ7. I had no problems. For my JK I just ordered the Airaid CAI and they include the TBS for free. The CAI came but not the TBS. I called their customer service and they had one out the door the next day. Over all i would say these guys are as good if not better than most.
Old 04-09-2012, 01:33 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just gotten the run around, please hold, stand by, we're working on it, should be there any day, sorry for the delay... blah blah blah from them.
If you don't mind waiting 3 weeks for "in stock" parts to show up they're great.

I'd rate them below average, had better experiences with Harbor Freight and that's not sayin much.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:26 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've bought stuff from them in the past and they've been quite nice to me. Plus, they offer a club discount program for groups that register as clubs. Each year they send a "rebate" check back to my club. Last year's check was $600+ (for my club).

I think that is a pretty cool benefit they offer.
Old 04-09-2012, 03:59 PM
JK Freak

I've had zero problems from them.
I've started using their rep on this site to order things thru.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I use 4wd periodically. Their change in website was for the worst. It's annoying and not as easy to use as before. I've never had any issues with them whatsoever. The again my orders are usually through northridge
Old 04-09-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Newbie

I have used 4WD for a few orders in the last two months and have been pleased with shipping times and prices.
Old 04-09-2012, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Riptide
Have ordered some stuff from them (I believe Bustabiz is the vendor rep on the forum), and had zero issues. He was great at answering all my questions.
I also got a better than advertised price from him.

Quick Reply: www.4wd.com