Notices
JK Talk General discussion forum regarding thoughts, opinions and rumors about the Jeep JK Wrangler or related subjects that don't quite fit in the Modified, Stock or Electronics forums.

Are you kidding me!!!!

Old 09-09-2008, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Or you could crash your TJ into a pole and have your insurance company total it out. Just a suggestion. Of course, I'm still struggling with the fractured vertabrae that was an unwanted benefit. Kinda like a "doc fee"?
Old 09-09-2008, 11:09 AM
JK Newbie

Default I thought about that.

I was really thinking about hitting the pole or ditch, but I had my wife and step-son with me, would not want to hurt them. But it really does cross your mind when someone screws you over and you know you could get a ton if you just totalled it. But they seem to have come around, they are giving me $3800 for my TJ which it not to far from KBB. So they will let me know what the final monthly will be. Crossed figures here. Soon, very soon.

Dombow77
Old 09-09-2008, 05:41 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Dombow77
I was really thinking about hitting the pole or ditch, but I had my wife and step-son with me, would not want to hurt them. But it really does cross your mind when someone screws you over and you know you could get a ton if you just totalled it. But they seem to have come around, they are giving me $3800 for my TJ which it not to far from KBB. So they will let me know what the final monthly will be. Crossed figures here. Soon, very soon.

Dombow77
The more people in the vehicle the better since that means more mod, i mean more pain and suffering money.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:27 PM
JK Jedi

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Dombow77
Hey All,

I have been looking into picking up a JK. I have been shopping around my local area for a slightly used one. So I came across an 07 Unlimited Sahara, Loaded up really nice. with a great price, $21795. So I call and set up a test drive. I love it, wife loves it (she hates my TJ) So we go in and talk numbers and we start talking about trade-In on my TJ. I am very anal about how I keep my stuff, It is a 1997 and no rust and always maintained, you know what I mean. It looks better then some of the new stuff on the lot. So they come back in with the number and he drop $1000.00 in fron of me. Are you kidding, the scap metal is worth more then that. And he stars saying KBB, Blah Blah Blah, and I know for a fact KBB has my jeep anywhere from $4200-4700, Trade-In. So we get up and walk. Soom dealers just suck.

Thanks for letting me vent. I will join you all when I find a dealer that does not want to bend me over.

Dombow77
Dealers use the NADA or Kelly Black Book, which, they only have access to. I am sure, the 97 Jeep value is probably pretty close to what he offered. Blue book and Black book are two COMPLETELY different animals.
Old 09-09-2008, 07:32 PM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by hawgrider1200
ALL the dealers I EVER SPOKE WITH seem to be sodomites.
That's part of the training program... some, of course, are more vigorous in the execution of their duties...

Quick Reply: Are you kidding me!!!!