Notices
JK Trails & Tales Just get back from a recent trail run and/or camping trip with your Jeep JK Wrangler? If so, you know we want to hear all about where you went, who all came along and of course, see all the pics you can post.

4 trails in 1 week.

Old 07-02-2010, 05:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 4 trails in 1 week.

Just got back from vacation to allenspark, co. Where my wifes family owns a cabin. I took my stock jk on 4 trails and I was so happy with how it did. It's a stock unlimited x with 245/75r16s on it. First things first when I arrived was take the entire freedom top off, and the 2 front doors. I left the rear ones on to prevent my 2 young girls from becoming trail deaths. Tons of fun. Here are the 4 trails I did. Bright trail, bunce school road, caribou creek, and lastly, pierson park road. My jeep didn't flinch and inch, it just hankered down and cruised on through. Pretty good for stock in my opinion. Waved at lots of jeeps passing by the whole time. When I took my wife to Estes park to shop, I saw a maroon colored jk parked behind the jewelry shop near the end of the main drag there. It had the jk forums symbol on it, where the x is on mine. Who might I have seen? Anyways, Several times on trails, and even in rocky mountain park, I crossed paths with a newer rubicon with the "green jeep tours" it was lime green with a modified red top. I think he was surprised that I was taking my stock jk on pierson park rd. By the way he talked when we met halfway on the trail. I will post pics later. Just saying how much fun I had, maybe next summer I can meet up with some of you guys, after some mellow mods, ie. Rubicon wheels and tires, 2 inch lift, and so on.... Rock on guys.
Old 07-02-2010, 05:13 PM
JK Junkie

I know that this is your first post but I have to do it!

Old 07-02-2010, 06:15 PM
JK Newbie

Default a few trail pics, more to come,

I am pretty new to trails and jeeps, so sorry if theres no pics of me climbing 3 foot tall boulders and stuff. I ran it in 4W low and transmission in "2" all through the trails, due to steep grades and climbed a few nice boulders and ledges. didnt want to fly through it fast.

Old 07-02-2010, 06:19 PM
JK Junkie

Your photo's are great, we like to see lots of things.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:24 PM
JK Newbie

Default some more pics

most trails are rocky and loose, my wife was biting nails and cursing to herself going up pierson park rd where is loose boulders and rocks , steep climb, and sheer drop off to the left. got the tail end of the jeep scooting about over large rocks and wife was on edge....lol

Old 07-02-2010, 06:33 PM
JK Freak

Welcome! Thanks for posting the pics. Those are fun trails. Miller Rock is right near Allenspark. Your Jeep can do it. At the top of the trail is Miller rock itself. It is a very easy climb, even with your young kids (doing it from the north side), and offer 360 views. Also there is a trail called the Ironclads just off bunce school. If you did Caribou and Peirson, you can do this one.

Tomorrow morning we are St. Vrain and Coney Flats, again up in the same area.
Old 07-02-2010, 06:55 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks guys, wish I'd have had more time, next year I will do a couple trails over again, and add a few new ones in. Not many trails in Kansas, people around here are anti 4wd, as far as property goes. They love to call the cops on you and crap...seems like every turn you take ends up in a farmers field and that causes crop damage, and then the trouble begins. Every inch of Kansas is farm.....sucks.... Anyways, I had lots of fun on those trails. I can see where I will be retiring to, if not earlier... maybe moving to within the next 10 yrs. Either boulder or larimer county, co.....lol

Last edited by davelong667; 07-02-2010 at 06:59 PM.
Old 07-02-2010, 07:34 PM
JK Newbie

I just noticed from your post lefthandrubi, that your jeep has a hemi. And many other mods. I'd assume that you go where you damn well please in that rig. I'm inspired.....lol maybe after its paid off I can look into a hemi swap. Man that's awesome. I imagine you could go through caribou creek as if your still on highway 7..... Lol
Old 07-02-2010, 08:16 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by davelong667
I just noticed from your post lefthandrubi, that your jeep has a hemi. And many other mods. I'd assume that you go where you damn well please in that rig. I'm inspired.....lol maybe after its paid off I can look into a hemi swap. Man that's awesome. I imagine you could go through caribou creek as if your still on highway 7..... Lol
Thx. I like Caribou a lot. Might head up there with the family (wife has a JKU with a 3" lift) on Sun or Monday. We do a lot of rock crawling on pretty tough trails. I'm trying to build a rig that can do extreme stuff yet stay on the road. Making progress. And yes it is a lot of fun to do those trails with the whoop-te-do's at high speed. The Evo's are great.

You should put Kingston Peak on your list too. You can do that one with a stock vehicle. Beautiful road above the tree line. I think we will do Kingston on Mon. My mom is visiting, and she likes the mountains.

A little lift, a locker or two, and you can go LOT's of places. When you come out here next year ping us. As I say, we are up in the mountains every weekend.
Old 07-05-2010, 08:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great pics of the family out enjoying nature, thats what its all about.

Originally Posted by davelong667

Quick Reply: 4 trails in 1 week.